Chapter 6: Why Are You Here?

Luna's POV

After I heard the door close to Iri's room, I turned to glare at Orochimaru. He stood up from where he was sitting and looked at me. "What do you want?" I demanded. "I just wanted to see how you were doing." He answered with a smirk.

"No, you didn't. You came here for a reason. I want to know why." I said, getting annoyed as I folded my arms over my chest. He didn't say anything as he just smirked. "Answer me, dammit!" I snapped, losing patience with him.

"I came here because I heard it was your daughter's birthday." He finally said. "Don't fuck with me! Why are you really here?" I yelled at him. "Milady, please calm yourself." Julia said. I closed my eyes and sighed. I reopened them once I calmed down a bit.

I actually don't know when Nue's real birthday was. Today is actually the day Nue became part of the family. Since then, I decided that, that day would be her birthday.

"I suppose there's no point in hiding it anymore. I came here because I sensed a great amount of power coming from here. It never occurred to me that it would come from Nue." He said, smiling. I narrowed my eyes at him.

"What do you want with her?" I demanded. "I'm just coming here to claim what I've been looking for. Nue holds unspeakable power and she belongs to me." Orochimaru explained. "I don't understand. What are you talking about?" I asked, getting angry again.

Is he saying Nue is a relative of his? Impossible. There's just no way. Orochimaru began to laugh with excitement. "I've known Nue for a long time now. It never occurred to me she'd still be alive." Orochimaru said.

"Alive? What do you mean by that?" I asked with a frown. "I know Nue more than you do, Luna. Much more. It makes me wonder if..." He trailed off. I thought back to when I first met Nue. It looked like she's been running, but from what? Or from who? From Orochimaru? Does she know him?

"What do you mean Nue belongs to you, and why doesn't Nue remember who you are if you've two met before?" I demanded. "That's what I want to know as well. But it doesn't matter because sooner or later, she will be mine." Orochimaru said.

That made me snap. I quickly summoned my sword and held the blade against his neck. "Milady!" Sharon called out of worry. "I swear, if you go anywhere near my daughter, I'll kill you." I threatened with venom dripping from every word.

"Would you really want to kill me in front of your daughter, Luna?" Orochimaru said, moving his eyes to the side. I looked behind him and saw Nue staring at us. "Okaa-san?" She said, looking at me. I backed off of Orochimaru.

"Nue, I told you to stay upstairs. Where's Iri?" I demanded. Just as I said that, my eldest daughter came running down the stairs. "I'm very sorry, Mother. I turn my back for one second and she's gone." She apologized.

I sighed and put my sword away. "Sharon, take Iri and Nue back upstairs." I said, turning to Sharon. "Actually, I had a reason to come down here, Okaa-san. I was thinking if I could go to the training room and train for a bit." Nue said.

I looked at Nue, seeing her twirl a piece of her long hair with her finger. I narrowed my eyes at Nue before looking at Orochimaru. She doesn't seem to recognize him at the slightest. Why? "Yes, you may go train." I said to her.

Nue smiled before bowing her head respectfully. "Arigato, Okaa-san." She said. She hugged me, then walked towards the training room. I turned my head back to Orochimaru. "I'm warning you. Stay away from my daughter." I said. Orochimaru chuckled.

"I think we both know that won't happen." He said. I frowned at him and watched as he walked off to a different room. "Julia," I called.

"Yes, Milady?" She answered. "I want you to keep an eye on that bastard. Don't let him anywhere near Nue. Don't even let him lay a finger on her. Understand?" I ordered. "Yes, ma'am." Julia responded before vanishing.