Chapter 2: Meeting Iri and Her New Family

Nue's POV

I woke up and found myself in a bedroom. Then, I remembered that woman, Luna, brought me here last night. I looked around and saw a clock, reading 7:30 A.M. I got out of the bed and made my way downstairs.

When my foot was about to reach the bottom, something tackled me to the floor. "Ohayo, Lost One!" A young, female voice screamed. I tried to see who this girl was, but she had me in a bear hug from behind.

"C-Can't b-b-breathe!" I choked out. When she finally let go, I turned around and saw that she looked just like Luna except her hair was shorter. She had the same eyes like a Luna, but her left eye was pink and her right eye was blue.

She wore a black dress and looked like she wore some kind of Christmas theme. (See picture) "Hello?" I said, although it sounded more like a question.

"Sorry, I tackled you, Lost One." She helped me to my feet.

"Don't worry about-... Wait, did you just call me 'Lost One'?" I questioned.

"Why, yes. You are the lost child Okaa-san found last night, aren't you?"

"Okaa-san?"

"Hai. Luna is my mother." She stated. I stared at her, not saying a word. "Oh, how rude of me. I didn't introduce myself. My name is Iri. Nice to meet you." She said as she gave a bow.

"What's your name?" Iri asked as she stood up straight and held out her hand.

"My name's Nue Houjuu." I answered as I took her hand and shook it.

"Nice to meet you, imouto." Iri said happily.

"Imouto?" I asked, confused.

"That's right. From this point on, you are my imouto!" She said happily.

"Since when?"

"Since now."

"How old are you?"

"I'm 8. How old are you?"

"I'm 6."

"That means, I'm your Onee-chan!"

I stared at her for a moment and realized she was still smiling. It made feel uneasy.

"Why are you smiling?" I asked, a little curiosity coming from my voice.

Iri walked up to me and stopped just inches away from my face. "Because I like you." She whispered in my ear, which made chills run down my skinny spine. She stepped back and gave me a closed eye smiled. I mentally sweat dropped.

I decided that this girl was weird. All of a sudden, she gasped. "What is it?" I asked a bit worried. "Those things on your back... They're..." She trailed off. "They're ugly, I know. I don't like them either." I said, finishing her sentence for her with a frown.

"Amazing!!!" Iri said with excitement coming out of her voice. "Huh?" I said, confused. My jaw dropped open.

"They're beautiful. Why would you think they're ugly? They're absolutely awesome! I've never seen anything like them! It's totally awesome!" She said with amazement.

"You like... weird things?" I asked as I cocked my head to the side.

"Weird, yet beautiful. And animals, and candy, and singing, and drawing, and meeting new people like you."

"What do you dislike?"

"Bad language, people who are disrespectful, bullies, vegetables, and when people are treated like trash or a weak person."

"I see."

When I was about ask her more questions, Luna came walking down the hallway. She was wearing a black robe with bats on them. "Good morning, Iri. Nue." She said when she saw us. "Good morning, Okaa-san!" Iri greeted as she ran to Luna and hugged her.

Luna hugged her back. "G-G-Good m-morning, Luna-sama." I stuttered. Gah! Why am I stuttering? Oh, yeah. Because I'm shy. Way to go, Luna-sama raised an eyebrow. "Luna-sama?" She repeated.

"Y-Yes. I add -sama at the end of my elders' name." I stated. I don't know why I do it. I just feel like it's the respectful thing to do. Luna-sama giggled.

"You don't have to call me 'Luna-sama.' You may call me Luna, or Onee-chan." She said with a smile.

"Hai, Luna." I said, shyly.

"Ne, ne. Okaa-san," Iri asked, jumping up and down.

"What is it, Iri?" Luna asked her jumping daughter.

Iri motioned her to come closer. Luna kneeled down so her daughter could her tell what she wanted to say. Iri began whispering into Luna's ear. I couldn't understand nor hear what she was saying to her. Then, I heard Luna giggle.

"That's up to her, my child." Luna said. They both looked at me, making me blush and look down shyly. I lifted my head when I heard footsteps walking toward me. Luna stood in front of me as she placed a hand on my shoulder.

I blinked my crimson red eyes. Why is she staring at me like that? What is she going to do to me? "Nue," She spoke. "Yes?" I answered. "How would you like to be apart of our family?" She asked.

I stood there, speechless. Did she really just ask that? Did I hear that right? Was she really asking a freak like me to join her family? Holy Jashin, I must be dreaming. "Really? Do you mean it?" I asked as tears of joy began spilling down my cheeks.

"I would like that more than anything." Luna said with a gentle and kind smile. I hugged the woman tightly, burying my face in her chest. "Thank you!" I said as tears continued to spill over my face. "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!"

I guess I can start calling her Okaa-san now.

Okaa-san hugged me back like a mother would. Iri ran up to us and joined the hug. After a while, we broke apart. "Yay! Nue's part of the family!" Iri cheered happily, picking me up and swinging me around.

Wow, for an eight-year-old, she's really strong. I heard Okaa-san giggle. "Come on, you two. Let's go have some breakfast." She said. "Hai!" Iri and I said in unison. Okaa-san led us down the hallway, into the kitchen.

As I walked down the hall with my new family, a smile made its way on my face.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

What did you guys think? Give me your opinion. See ya later ;)

Kureiji out~