Chapter 1: The Wandering Girl

3rd Person's POV

-----------------------------------

In a small town, there is a girl with black hair and crimson red eyes. She wore a black dress with a red ribbon in the middle. Her black stockings lead to her thighs and she wasn't wearing any shoes. The strange part about her is what was on her back.

Three red metallic looking wings were sticking out of the right side of her back and three blue arrow-shaped tails are coming out of the left side of her back. Everywhere she went, people feared her. "Monster." They called her.

The girl felt hurt that people thought of her that way. The girl walked on the empty, dirty road. The little girl continued to walk alone in the rain until she stumbled upon a castle. Outside the castle, stood a woman holding an umbrella.

She had white hair like snow that stopped at her waist. She had heterochromia eyes. Her left eye was blue and her right eye was pink. She wore a thin, dark robe with a bat insignia on her chest.

"What is your name, child?" The woman asked

"What is your name, child?" The woman asked. The little girl was hesitant to answer. The woman smiled and walked towards the soaked girl. The girl took a step back, afraid what the woman might do to her.

Unfortunately, she tripped and landed on her behind. When the woman was close enough, she kneeled down so she can meet the girl at eye level. The woman tilted her umbrella a bit so the girl wouldn't get any more soaked than she already was.

"There's no need to be afraid. My name is Luna." Said the woman. Luna extended her hand out to the small child. "M-My name i-i-is N-Nue." The girl stuttered and hesitantly took Luna's hand. Luna smiled before averting her eyes to what was on Nue's back.

She seemed shocked when she now realized the mysterious looking features on the child, but she soon relaxed and smiled at the fragile figure, knowing the little girl couldn't do any harm. "You have very interesting features, Young One. Even your eyes are beautiful." Luna commented.

"Your eyes are pretty, too." Nue said back. Nue raised a brow in confusion. "Aren't you afraid of me?" Nue asked, confused. "Why would I be afraid?" Luna asked, sharing the same expression.

"Because most people fear me when they see these... things. They'd say things like 'Freak' or 'Monster' whenever they see me." Nue replied, referring to her wings and tails. Luna let out a small chuckle, leaving Nue confused.

"Well, then. Those people are wrong for calling you those names. You are beautiful and look like you are full of potential." She said. Nue smiled before sneezing, remembering she was still in the rain.

"Come, let's get you dried off." Luna said as she picks up the soaked child. Once they made their way inside, Nue stared in awe as she looks at the beautiful features of the castle. "Your house is beautiful!" Nue commented.

Luna giggled slightly at the comment. "Why, thank you." Luna thanked. Luna made her way upstairs with soaked girl in her arms. As they made her way into the bedroom, Luna set the child down on the twin sized bed.

It had a black blanket and two pillows with bats on them. "Wait here." Luna said to Nue before leaving the room. A few seconds later, she returned with a couple of towels in her hands. Luna dried Nue off with the towels before taking off her wet clothes.

She then gave her some warm clothes that were Nue's size. "Thank you very much." Nue said softly before yawning. She rubbed her eyes, feeling sleep take over her body. Luna put Nue in the bed and pulled the covers over her.

"Sleep well, my child." Luna whispered. "Goodnight... Luna-sama." Nue whispered softly before drifting off into a deep sleep.

Done with the first chapter. Tell me what you think. Give me your honest opinion. Until next time.