32- Facing Darkness (Caitlyn)

I feel that it's necessary to forewarn everybody that from here out, things may turn rather graphic and dark in all chapters.  This battle is a heavy theme for us, it will carry lots of dark, violent undertones.  VIEWER  CAUTION IS ADVISED.  We won't be upset if you can't handle some of what happens, just please don't ruin it for others and know that we haved warned you of what is to come.

Thank you!

><><><

The screams and crashes soon came after the city was plunged in darkness. Complete and utter darkness. I hated the fear I got in the dark just like Kylee does for Nightmare.

"Caitlyn are you ok? You're shaking." I heard Leo ask from next to me, and felt his hand on my shoulder.

I sighed, but it came out shaky. "Yeah, just freezing is all." I told him. Not to mention terrified… I added in my thoughts. I looked at Morgan and Mikey. She has it easy. Always knowing what's gonna happen and how people feel. I know that she knows Mikey likes her. I thought. Yeah Morgan definitely has it easy out of all of us.

The 'couple' came over to us, and Mo had on a worried look. "Morgan what's wrong?" I asked immediately, concerned for my sister. "It was Becca, I-I sensed her fear and then pain from her… It was so faint thought, I can’t be sure…" Mo shuddered after saying that.

I felt a sudden coldness behind me and turned around to see a demon's cold, evil, white eyes. "Nightmare!" I growled out at the demon.

He grinned darkly "Very observant, witches. Just imagine the meat's face of seeing her only link to sanity gone!" Nightmare chuckled sickly.

"What did you do to our sister Nightmare?!" I demanded, anger rising.

"Poor little Caitlyn. The youngest and second most vulnerable to her fear of the darkness." he mocked.

"I'm not afraid of the dark!!" I yelled. The demon laughed and I had to hide a shudder that came.  Morgan came up beside me, radiating her own irritation.

"No you're not, just what's in the dark. Do you easily forget I saw into your minds darkest corner on that fateful visit to your... gracious uncle?"

I gasped. That was Nightmare!

I felt a bit of prying in my mind and suddenly, standing next to the demon was MY personal demon. MY Nightmare. It was Ghostface in real life, out of my dreams, REAL! You know how they say, “In the moment of your greatest fear you'll be helpless to do anything”? Yeah, well, they're right. I was paralyzed in fear and it felt as if the shadows of the night were suffocating me. Suddenly I felt like I  was three years old again.

"Leave her alone!!" Morgan screamed in frustration, most likely sensing the spike of fear coming from me.  Obviously she couldn’t see what tormented me. Ghostface started to walk over to me as he did in my dreams before he killed me.

"St-stay away fr-from me!" I yelled at the killer in fear.

"Caitlyn what's going on!? What are you doing to my sister?!" Morgan yelled at Nightmare.

He let out a sickening laugh and looked directly at me. "I'm simply showing her what fear truly means." the demon answered.  Nightmare’s gaze went to Mo, the sneer clear on his dark face.  “Do you wonder why you cannot see it too, sweet Morgan?  Because you are barely a witch.  You are a pathetic excuse for a magic-user, not even worth the time of a true demon!”

I tried to move, tried to fight, but I was powerless.  When Ghostface was right in front of me, they picked up the voice-changer-box-thingy, holding it to the mouth of the mask "You're all alone... No one else can see me!" the voice stated.  I watched in terror as a knife flashed.

Panic and fear coursed through every fiber of my being at the sight.  I'm gonna die. I-I'm not gonna live past tonight… I thought. Ice cold metal entered my arm, sheathing itself there before gliding down and getting ripped out. I screamed loudly from the pain and again as it happened to my other arm.

"Caitlyn!!" two voices screeched, but I couldn't place a name to them. I fell down as Ghostface kicked me to get the knife out of my abdomen. My powers weren't working, and I knew it was because my fear was over-riding them. I felt arms pick me up, but that didn't stop the killer's assault on me, I realized as the knife enter my side. The arms pulled me away, the knife getting pulled out in the process, making me scream again in agony, and Ghostface walked over to Nightmare.

“Oh God, what is she bleeding from?! Caitlyn!  Look at me!” Mo’s voice screamed hysterically.  “What have you done?!”  The fear momentarily vanished as someone stepped into my line of vision of Ghostface, letting my power surge back.

I felt all blood that was lost return like a vacuum, and the sliced skin felt as though it was stitched back together. In the rapid speed that this happened caused me to cry out in pain. A hand grabbed mine, and it was Morg's, that much I could tell, but the guys were a blur. Which of them was holding me? I could only take a wild guess after seeing a small shade of blue, and then all was black.