Chapter 47

Sammie's POV

"OK, is this dress good? Or should I go with the white one?" I asked Katie. We were in her room, and there were Homecoming dresses everywhere.

"Honestly, the blue one you're wearing is too short. I mean, I know you're looking for a sexy look, but that one might be a little too . . . show-offy. The white dress is knee-length and is still sweet-sexy, but shows that you have power. Matt will also be able to easily match with the white dress."

I stared at Katie with wide-eyes. Then again, I shouldn't be surprised. She helped me with prom, and other dances. Katie Marlon is the Dress Master.

"OK, I'll go change." When I was done, she curled my hair and pinned some pieces out of my face. Katie did a smokey-eye, lipstick, and then let me borrow a pair of black kitten heel sandals.

"You're ready to go," she stood in front of me and admired the look. Then Katie turned the mirror towards me so I could see myself.

"Wow . . . just wow," I whispered. The doorbell rang and I ran downstairs to find my handsome Matt. He looked so sexy in his tuxedo, I almost fainted.

"Let me take a picture," Katie took out her phone and snapped a couple, promising to send us the pictures.

"Have a great night!" she mumbled. I shot out the door, already walking towards Matt's car.

"You sure you'll be alright?" I heard Matt ask Katie. She nodded and smiled, hugging him. Then Matt joined me, leaning in for a kiss. 

"No, not until we take the pictures at the dance. I don't want smeared make-up yet," I smiled, and he waggled his eyebrows. I laughed and we took off.

---------------------------------------------

Chris's POV

Amy kept bothering me about our clothes. She said we have to be matching, which is nonsense. I neglected her words and just put on a tux with a black tie. When we arrived at the dance, I pointed out how nobody else was matching. She waved the thought off and we got inside. It was an hour of dancing with Amy, and I was sick of it.

"I'm gonna go get some drinks . . ." I mumbled, kissing Amy on the cheek before leaving.

"Hurry, Chrissy Bear, I'm parched," she sighed heavily, dancing along to the music. I sneered, but not in her face. I'm just tired of her.

Instead of going to the refreshment table, I ran outside to the locker room, getting my football. I also changed out of my tuxedo into jeans, a grey shirt, and my green hoodie. Then I ran to my car and turned on the engine, heading towards Katie's house.

---------------------------------------------

Katie's POV

I haven't started Titanic yet. I was too busy reading a book for English class in my bedroom. I was on chapter twenty-six when I heard a crash in the kitchen.

"Maura?!?" I ran downstairs and saw her sitting on the floor, picking up cheerios. 

"Oh my god, you scared the heck out of me," I mumbled, helping Maura clean up. She started crying, and then I cleaned her up in the shower.

"I'm sorry Katie. The prince told me to do it," she cried. I paused.

"Wait, what? What prince are you talking about?"

"The prince who came yesterday. He came and told me to make a noise," Maura sniffled. 

"Where did the prince go?" I asked curiously. Maura didn't respond, because she had fallen asleep. I carried her small body up into her room, and I laid her in her bed. When I got to my room, I opened the door.

I screamed.