Chapter 28

Katie's POV

"Sammie? Sammie, what's wrong? Hang in there, OK?" I scrambled to my phone and winced from the pain coursing through my head. I fumbled with the buttons and called 911.

"911? Um, I just got in a car crash, and my friend is unconscious. I need some help, please," I cried, smoothing Sammie's hair.

"Ma'am, calm down. Tell me your location," the lady on the phone said. I gave her the street name and she hung up, saying an ambulance was on its way. I glanced at what we hit. I thought it was a car, but it was really a tree. A big tree. Some branches had fallen on the windshield, glass was broken, and Sammie's leg was stuck underneath the crushed car.

I heard the wailing noise of the ambulance, and people piled out with two stretchers. They took me out of the car, and I watched in a daze as they pulled out unconscious Sammie. 

"No!" I sobbed, reaching out to grab Sammie's hand. We were separated as they put us into two separate ambulances. Then I fainted.

----------------------------------------------------------

Matt's POV

I was sitting outside on the curb next to East Way High, waiting for my mom to pick me up, when I got the first text from Katie.

Katie: sammie & i are @ the hospital

Matt: wha happened??????????

Matt: are u ok??

Katie: come, pls

Matt: now?

Matt: ok, im on my way

Katie: i feel like im gonna die

Matt: hang in there

Matt: im coming

I ran. I ran so fast, and when I reached the football field, I ran up to Chris.

"Man, I need you to drive me to the hospital," I rushed. He looked at me like I was crazy.

"Heck no," Chris growled. I backed up.

"Katie's in the hospital with Sammie. If you really hang out with her you would know," I said. Chris's eyes opened wide and he wiped the sweat off his face. Then he grabbed his car keys and I followed him to his BMW.

"Nice ride," I commented, sitting on the leather.

"Thanks. Tell me the hospital address," Chris said. I quickly put it on the GPS and we drove away.

-------------------------------------------

Hey guys! I know, I know, you want to know whats gonna happen next. Many people have messaged me, saying they want an update. Here it is! I promise you, in the next chapter, nothing bad will happen . . . never mind. I can't say that ;)

luv u guys!

-teraCANread