Chapter 48

Chris's POV

Katie screamed, and I covered my ears. She backed into the wall, and out of nowhere, the bookshelf fell on her head. Katie yelped, falling into a heap on the floor.

"Help!" she mumbled from the floor. I ran over to her and pulled the bookshelf off her body. Then we stayed in silence as we organized the books into the bookshelf.

A few minutes later, Katie looked into my eyes. "Why're you here? You should be at the dance with Amy."

I let out a nervous chuckle, and ran my fingers through my hair. "I like you, and I won't leave till you admit you like me."

-----------------------------------------------------

Katie's POV

"Excuse me?!?!" I gasped at Chris. "What did you just say?"

This time, looking more confident, he stood up and walked towards me, and I kept moving away till I was up against the wall. Both of his arms were on either side of me, so I couldn't move.

"I like you, and I won't go until you tell me the truth, Katie," he whispered. My lips started to tremble.

"You're scaring me," I whispered nervously. I slid down and sat on the floor with my face covered by my hands.

"Shoot," he mumbled. Chris sat down in front of me and took me into a hug. I wasn't crying yet, but my whole body was shaking. "Katie, I never meant to--" he stopped, and sighed in frustration.

"Oh, what the heck," Chris leaned in and was about to kiss me when I placed a hand on his chest gently. 

"No. Not yet," I mumbled. I got up and closed my bedroom door, turning off the lights. Then I turned on Titanic, sitting on my bed.

After a few minutes of Chris shifting uncomfortably on the floor, I patted the spot next to me. 

I got under the blankets. He sat next to me, spreading my quilt on his legs. This is gonna be an interesting movie.

-----------------------------------------------------

Chris's POV

I've never told anybody, but the thing is, I love Titanic. I mean, Rose is a hottie, and I've always wanted to be a hero like Jack. In fact, some people have mentioned that I look just like him.

"God," Katie whispered. She grabbed my hand as the iceberg crashed into the ship, the water exploding in the boiler rooms. I could feel her pulse from her wrist beating fast. To tell the truth, my heart is beating too. 

A few minutes later, I somehow ended up being under the blankets with Katie, and she was cuddling up next to me, her small head leaning on my chest. My arms were around her, and knowing Katie, she would've moved away. But we were so entranced with the movie that she didn't seem to care.

" 'I'll never let go, Jack' ," we both quoted at the same time. We both looked at each other. There was little space between us, and I could almost hear her heart pounding.

"Jinx," I mumbled. 

"Jinx," she whispered. I leaned in and kissed her pink lips hesitantly. I was so sure Katie wouldn't kiss back, but then her hungry lips met mine once more. This is my second time kissing Katie, and its as great as the first.

We were tangled up in sheets, and Katie's hair was all messed up. I swear that I could definitely hear our hearts pounding so loud that they were gonna explode. I moaned as she bit my bottom lip, and then I planted a row of kisses on her neck.

"Can I say that I love you?" I mumbled, breaking away from her sweet mouth. Katie looked up at me, her eyes sparkling. 

"I love you too," she smiled, and we leaned in to kiss once again.