Chapter 7

Chris's POV

"Hey, guys, huddle up," I waved to my teammates across the field. They all started running over, and I wiped the sweat from my forehead.

"The game's next Friday, and we're not ready," Derek commented.

"I know that, Derek," I snapped, and he went quiet. Before I could say sorry, I heard a cheer from the bleachers.

"Go Chrissy Bear!" my girlfriend, Amy, yelled. I turned away from her, ashamed by the stupid nickname.

"Chrissy Bear? Dude, please don't tell me the pink devil called you Chrissy Bear," Andrew stifled a laugh. The rest of my teammates were laughing their heads off, and I was starting to get ticked off.

"Andrew, don't call my girlfriend 'pink devil'. You don't even have a girlfriend, so please don't even say a word," I said, looking him directly in the eye.

"OK, guys, take five," I heard the cheers of the rest of my boys as they ran to the locker rooms. Then Amy ran up to me, almost tripping in her heels. 

"Aw, Chrissy Bear! I've missed you, like, so much. Eww! You smell disgusting," Amy sneered, blowing me air kisses.

"It's called sweat. Why don't you try exercising once in a while," I murmured under my breath. She tilted her head at me and pouted. Then I pulled her into a kiss.

"Babe, I love you to death and all, but please just hold off on the kisses. We have time for that later," she whispered, pulling away and winking. I shook my head, grinning, as she walked away.

I stared after her perfect picture, not noticing the person walking up behind me.

----------------------------------------------------------------

Katie's POV

I tapped on his shoulder and he turned around. 

Chris Parker's eyes went down to my toes, then all the way to my face, stopping at my chest. I was disgusted. Rumor has it that this guy doesn't really care for a girl; he only uses them for the title.

"Ahem," I cleared my breath, and Chris looked into my eyes, startled. I stared back at him.

"I have your football. Found it on the street last Wednesday after school," I said, tossing it to him. Chris's eyes went wide.

"Wait. You found it? God, I haven't kicked right since I lost this ball," he exclaimed, eyes gleaming. 

"Yeah, yeah. Just don't lose it again. It was about to be ran over by a car, so you're lucky I grabbed it."

Then he stared at me like I was strange. What was his problem. Then Chris smirked.

"How can I pay you back?" He moved closer. I moved away.

"Um, maybe you could just back up and leave me be," I snapped, turning away. 

Chris Parker was the hottest boy in East Way High. Am I immune to his looks? Yes. He doesn't faze me. I don't care about the strong muscles or the blond hair. I don't get lost in his big, blue eyes. Chris Parker just isn't my type.

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Chris's POV

As the girl walked away, I stared at her long, brown hair, cascading down her back. She was perfect, and I wanted to know who she is. But this might not matter. I'm pretty sure this girl has a boyfriend. I mean, who could resist perfect, pink lips and big, hazel eyes?

Chris, shut up, my mind told me. I can't like this girl. Yes, she's pretty. But I have a girlfriend. Amy. 

All I want to know is who this mystery girl is.