Chapter 19

Dedicated to verosmith1

Chris's POV

I think I'm in love with this girl. She's gorgeous, nice, sweet, and funny. Did I mention gorgeous? Katie Marlon is everything I want from a girlfriend. But I don't think she feels the same way.

"Let's play 10 Questions," I suggested. We were sitting in the sand, and we had missed school. It was already sunset.

"OK, ask me first," Katie said.

"Middle name?"

"Thomas."

"Best friend?"

"Sammie."

"Biggest fear?"

"That I'll drown."

"Favorite movie?"

"Titanic."

"First crush?"

"Will Brushings."

"First boyfriend?"

"Reese Keepling."

"First date?"

"Make-out session in my room."

"Best quality in a boy?"

"They have to be a good kisser, and nice person."

"Favorite animal?"

"Polar bear."

"Final question: Who is your crush right now?"

"I can't answer that.

I laughed and she laughed back. Boy, I asked some strange questions. What is wrong with me? First boyfriend, first date, best quality in a boy. I asked these things because I'm strange.

"I have one question for you," Katie said. She was drawing in the sand, making a heart. I nodded and she looked at me with her big, beautiful eyes.

"Who do you like?" she whispered. I moved closer to her and took her hand. She looked down, blushing, but at least she didn't pull away.

"Um . . . well, you," I murmured. Tears started to build up in Katie's eyes. I started to feel bad, so I gently held her face while wiping the little tears.

"Shh . . . don't cry, Katie, please," I whispered. 

"I can't do this, though. I liked Matt, and then when he kissed that girl, I sorta freaked. I'm not ready to--" she paused as I leaned forward and tilted her head closer to mine.

"I like you, and I can't hide my feelings for you," I murmured. Leaning in, I planted a small kiss on her lips. She kissed me back. Oh my god, she's kissing me back. She groaned softly as I kissed her neck. I fumbled for her lips and we both kissed hungrily. My hand was on the small of her back, and Katie's hands were in my hair.

I fell on top of her as she pulled me closer. We were both covered in sand, but who cares? I was about to go further when she shot up suddenly.

"I can't do this," Katie said. I sat up and ran my fingers through my hair.

"Oh, uh, sorry. We can head back now, I guess," I held out a hand to pull her up and we walked back to my car. When we were settled, she told me her address, and I was there in less than five minutes.

"That was probably the best day of my life," she said, hugging me across the seat. I wanted to kiss those pink lips so much, but she opened the car door. Then she stood there for a minute, not sure what to do. She finally waved and turned, walking to her front door.

"Katie, wait!" I exclaimed, and she turned back. "I just want you to know, I don't regret that kiss."

She smiled, blushing. "I'll see you tomorrow."

She smiled. Isn't that a good thing?