Chapter 25

Katie's POV

"What happened?"

I was out of breath as I entered the nurse's room, looking for Chris. Everyone knows that Matt punched him, and I'm really starting to get pissed. 

"Everything is fine," a voice said. I turned and saw Chris sitting on a bed. His eye was bruised and swollen, but I couldn't see his broken nose. It was covered with tissues.

"Oh my god, I can't believe Matt would ever do a thing like this," I whispered, sitting down next to him. I slowly rubbed Chris's back and leaned into his chest. He held me tight.

"Well, he came up to me and asked why I was hanging out with you," Chris mumbled. I silently cursed and looked into his blue eyes.

"What did you tell him?" 

"I didn't say anything. I just told him that he shouldn't have kissed that girl," he said. I still haven't told Chris it was Amy. That would ruin things.

"I need to ask you a question," Chris turned to face me. I sat crisscross-applesauce on the stiff blankets and nodded for him to go on.

"How did he know we hung out?"

"Um . . . well," I paused, not knowing to say. " OK, so I might of told him we hung out because he tried to kiss me in the Art Room earlier today and I sorta freaked and then he told me he didn't kiss the girl, and then I told him that me and you were hanging out," I rushed everything.

"Wow, slow down, Katie. He tried to kiss you?" Chris's face hardened, but I gently took his hand.

"Trust me, its fine, you don't have to worry about it."

"Good. Because I'm gonna break up with Amy today."