Prologue

Dedicated to my friends and family who have always been there for me when I'm sad.

When I step outside, the first thing I notice is a football in the middle of the street. I mean, I could have noticed the cars pulling out of the school parking lot, or the crunch of the leaves stuck underneath my shoe. But no. The football was the first thing that caught my eye.

I skipped down the concrete steps, hand on the metal railing. I dropped my bag and, out of curiosity, picked up the football, which was about to be squashed by a passing car. I turned it over in my hands, feeling the rough surface. Then I noticed the name written on the side in sharpie.

It said Chris Parker. Chris Parker, the heartthrob of East-Way High. Wow. This is his football. I quickly tossed it in the grass without caring and picked up my things. I was halfway across the parking lot to my car when I stopped in the middle of the street, thinking about the football.

I walked back and picked it up for the second time, tossing it in my backpack. Little did I know this football would change my life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys! Thank you so much for reading the fist part in my book, Once Upon a Football. Now, just so you know, this is my second book on wattpad and I'm still a little rusty. It would really help me if you like or comment this. I'll gladly take your advice on what happens next. Thanks, @JulixPanda
-teraCANread