Send in the Women

The 9th of January in Kyoko's eyes came too fast. Her daily life hadn't changed much. She had finished off projects where she could and others per Lory's orders had been put on hold or pushed back until the point she would be able to return to them. At least she hadn't had to go through the rigours of packing as such, LME was providing all three girls with clothing for the next six weeks plus Kyoko had just found out Jelly Woods was going to be travelling with them as a kind of manager, consultant and everything else in between. As soon as Kyoko, Kanae and Chiori had stepped through the front doors of LME that morning they had been swept away by the young woman and into her private work rooms for a full body beauty treatment as she had called it, though how a bikini wax can be classed as beautiful Kyoko was still unsure as she waited in a bathrobe for Jelly to bring her the clothes she had promised.

"OK sweetie, these are yours for today." Jelly said, handing the clothes through the curtain to Kyoko who sighed with relief, seeing they were rather normal clothes. For a moment she had been worried they would be scandalous like when she had played Setsu last year. She smiled at the tight-fitted jeans and red v-necked jumper with a pair of casual heels then for the final piece: a leather bomber jacket. When she was dressed Kyoko looked at herself in the mirror. She looked casual, yet sophisticated and she had to admit Jelly was good at this.

"I'm finished Jelly." she called, sweeping back the curtain and walking out. Kanae was already dressed had on a beautiful blue tunic type top with black leggings beneath, ankle boots with kitten heels and a large, solid brown belt for showing Kanae's small waist. She looked stunning with her striking long black hair and Kyoko took no time in telling her this.

"You look beautiful, Moko." Kanae looked up and smiled at her.

"You don't look bad yourself. Now hurry up over here. Jelly's asked us to get the base coats on for our make-up while she ran out with Chiori. Something about the top strap snapping?" Kyoko walked over and sat beside her friend as they both started their makeup in silence.

"What do you think he will be like?" Kyoko needed to ask and she knew this was the best time. Kanae continued applying her makeup for a few moments longer before she sighed and faced Kyoko through the mirror.

"Mo, honestly I have no idea. If this is as I suspect the president's doing, it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was someone famous." Kanae stretched her arms up, twisting her back slightly as Kyoko looked down at the counter before her.

"Are you scared?" her voice trembled slightly and Kanae looked at Kyouko fully this time, lowering her arms as she did so. She studied her best friend's face. Kyoko was wringing her hands in her lap. It amazed Kanae still how many characters this amazing young actress could make, all the different people she could become at the flip of a switch. Daring, confident, sexy, hurt, evil and so many more she had played them all and when she acted people paid attention. She truly was an amazing actress and her biggest rival.

Yet when they sat together like this and Kanae looked upon the real Kyoko, it was easy to see the scared young woman before her for who she truly was. You could see the young woman filled with so many insecurities she had locked her heart away never to be touched again. She never thought of herself as good enough for anything or anyone, but she was hard-working and gave 110% in everything she did. And Kanae, the girl who had refused relationships, refused friendship, had Kyoko bury herself so deeply in her heart she would never be able to dislodge her. Though now she was infinitely positive she never wanted to.

"A little I guess." Kanae answered honestly looking back into the mirror.

"I don't think you need to be, Moko. You're so beautiful any man would be silly not to want to date you." Kanae smiled at her and was about to tell her the same could be said for her when Kyoko continued.