Loving Me

"Well shall we?" Kyoko asked as she handed him a warm coat from the bag Sebastian had packed for him before pulling out her own. There was also a warm hat and scarf each.

A disguise. Kuon thought as he pulled on the clothing and smiled. Today was going to be a good day he could tell. Kuon left the keys with Sebastian and the bento in the car for when Sebastian finished his errands and brought it back. Kuon grabbed Kyoko's hand and smiled as she blushed a little but did not let go. Hand in hand they walked towards the zoo entrance. Kuon watched as Kyoko paid telling him as this was her treat she would be paying. Kuon didn't like it but agreed thinking he would buy her something inside the zoo to make up for this. He watched smiling as she allowed the sales girl to talk her into buying not only a brochure but also a 'Save the Penguins' pin and a wrist band promoting wildlife aid, Typical Kyoko Kuon thought as he watch her turn and smile at him so sweetly that Kuon felt his knees weaken.

If only she knew how much she affects me, I would gladly be the laughing stock of Tokyo for her heart. Kuon smiled as Kyoko neared him handing him his ticket before grabbing the front of his jacket in a movement that almost sent him crashing down on top of her.

"Kyokooooo..." he gasped as he tried to right himself while she just giggled.

"Hold still." she ordered in a happy friendly tone as her nimble fingers pinned the 'Save the Penguins' pin to the coat he was wearing, "There we go, now you fit in!" she said with the same sweet smile. Kuon just looked down at the pin on his chest.

"Really?" he asked smiling at her in a lopsided way.

"Yes really! And for today so as to try and keep a low profile, your name will be Corn and I'm Asuna." Kuon just stared at her dumbfounded.

"When did you realise?" he asked as Kyoko tilted her head thinking about his question.

"I suppose I realised as soon as you confessed your real name." Kyoko said with a thoughtful smile. Kuon's heart was pounding as he wondered if she was angry...But wait if she was angry wouldn't she have confronted him before now? Wouldn't she have shouted at him? Left him and blocked him from her life? But she wasn't doing any of these things, just standing there smiling as she watched the emotions and thoughts playing across his eyes.

"You never mentioned it?" he stated needing some composure on his thoughts.

Kyoko smiled as she reached out grabbing his hand and pulling Kuon beside her started walking towards the entrance gate. "Well neither did you. To begin with I wondered if you had realised who I was or maybe you had forgotten. There were days I even questioned my own sanity, but all clues pointed to you."

Kuon nodded slowly, trying to keep up with the pace of this conversation. it took him until they had handed over their tickets and had their hands stamped to find the words that had been resting on his tongue. "You're not angry?"

Kyoko shook her head. "No not really, though I wonder when you found out and why you never said anything?"

Kuon looked at her wondering if he should tell her when he had realised who she was? Should he admit to knowing all this time? Yes... it was only right. "Remember the day you dropped your stone on the staircase? It was not long after you challenged Ruriko to an acting challenge for Ring Doh." Kyoko nodded slowly before looking at him stunned.

"That long!" she exclaimed stopping in her tracks to look at him. Kuon nodded and not wanting her to think he had been trying to hide their past together he added his reason.

"I just didn't want you to be disappointed." Kuon sighed as he scuffed his feet a little on the floor. "I didn't want you to know that the boy you had called a fairy prince was really a lost and scared little boy who grew up to be a man. Who had to hide away his true name because of all the bad things he had done with his life."