Reasons and Roses.

Lory dropped the phone back on the receiver smiling to himself. So far this morning the phone had not stopped ringing at LME and all the calls were about Kyoko. Lory smiled at the new hidden talent they had discovered in his number one Love Me girl by complete accident. She was one amazing woman. Then of course there was the incident with Love Me number two. All of Lory's careful planning had been tossed out of the window when a real family emergency had shown up in it's place. Lory supposed the result had been the same. Kanae had gone rushing off to the aid of the family she supposedly despised and she had not turned away. Lory knew this had a lot to do with Kyoko and her mother. He had seen the haunted look in Kanae's eyes when she had reported the incident to him. It was hard for anyone that loved another to see someone who should love them put them through so much pain and agony, but through this Kanae had learnt the true meaning of her family and her love for them and their love for her in return.

Lory sighed. There was to be no quiz today. Instead he was just eating a meal with the girls, getting to know them all so at least now he could be the bearer of good news. Striding towards the dining hall he heard a woman's voice from one of the side passages.

"Yes, but remember if you beat the egg too much it will start to separate which means you will not get an even rise, so just whisk it until it peaks."

Lory smile. The voice was not one others would expect but one he knew well. His mind was working instantly. He could use this he knew he could the question was how?

Kyoko walked into the dining room that morning to be met by a very red and very nervous looking Maemi who smiled at her sheepishly.

"Kyoko-chan, can I have a word with you please?" she asked in a very quiet tone.

But Lory watched as they left the room together. He was seated near Chiori and Hotaru for breakfast as he wished to talk with the dancer who had captured his attention. They were not gone long before Kyoko was back a small smile on her lips. Lory thought he had been the only one to notice her departure, but he was wrong. As soon as Kyoko took her place beside Chiori the younger girl smiled at her friend.

"So what was all that about?" she asked in an undertone which Lory knew would not travel much further than himself and Hotaru. This girl was good.

Kyoko sat and answered in the same tone. "She wanted to apologise for her behaviour last night, according to her she gets really competitive and it just went to her head." Chiori looked at Kyoko.

"Do you believe that?" she asked watching the woman she thought of as a mentor and senpai.

Kyoko looked across at Maemi who was now laughing and chatting with Naomi. The innocent sweet girl they all knew shrugged slightly. "In some ways I do. The competition is heating up now and those who truly do have feelings for Kuon are bound to start trying harder to be noticed by him. So maybe this is just her way of hoping he notices her more."

Lory looked at the woman who could understand this, but not understand that Kuon had chosen years before which girl he wanted. This was confirmed moments later when Kyoko continued speaking.

"Though I don't think she has much to worry about Kuon seems to really like her."

Lory decided he was fighting with himself not to get involved even just a little bit. His number one Love Me girl needed a very big dose of love reality, yet something more to think about he decided. Chiori never spoke but she did look over at Maemi a look of doubt in her eyes before she looked between Kuon and Kyoko who kept sneaking glances at one another. Shaking her head she smiled softly to herself: Silly Kyoko, cant you see there is no space in his heart for anyone else?Lory smiled knowing all those that wished to see it knew where Kuon's heart lay. So maybe that was what he needed, for Kyoko to open her eyes to the fact Kuon loved her. Kyoko started shaking violently before she pulled her phone from her pants pocket. Excusing herself from the table she left the room to take the call a big smile on her face.