Happily Ever After and Beyond

Thanks always to my wonderful Beta reader @rsrdiall

Julie smiled as she slipped the veil into Kyoko’s hair, before standing back next to Jelly to look at their  2 hours worth of work.

“Stunning! Simply stunning!” Julie cried with tears running down her face. Jelly could only nod as they both stared at Kyoko. The dress she was wearing had a Queen Anne neckline with cap sleeves and  a sleek crystal hand-beaded lace Empire bodice with an open keyhole back. it hugged Kyoko’s curves, before gently falling into soft pickups throughout the skirt and chapel length train  But what made it more perfect was the colour. Julie who had designed the dress had asked for Kyoko’s permission to forgo the normal white or ivory and instead she had made it in gold ivory.

The colour was subtle enough not to be garish yet the gold brought out Kyoko’s eyes in an amazing way. The golden eyed beauty as she had been called by so many looked simply stunning as Julie had put it.

“OH I can’t believe my little babies are getting married!” Julie cried before hugging Kyoko tightly, trying not to cry on Kyoko as she giggled and patted Julie's back comfortingly.

“Come on mom, you're going to ruin your make up.” Kyoko said whilst pulling away slightly. Julie just waved her hand as if dismissing this comment completely.

“Oh pish as soon as you walk out there, no ones going to be looking at me anyway! And thats why they invented waterproof make up.” Jelly chuckled.

“Julie's got a point Kyoko. So how are you feeling?” Jelly asked as Kyoko turned once more to the mirror twisting her hands slightly.

“I honestly still think I’m dreaming,” was her hushed reply as she looked over herself for what must have been the 100th time. “I can’t believe it. Today I’m actually going to be a Hizuri. Not just an honourary one but a real Hizuri.” Shaking her hands out she turned back to the two women.

“You don't think he will decide not to go ahead with it, do you?” The complete and utter worry in her face was evident as Jelly and Julie both laughed.

“Kyoko I think you should be more worried about that boy carrying you down the aisle to make sure you can't get away.” Jelly said as Julie continued to laugh , before adding her own piece.

“Kyoko. Kuon has been waiting to marry you for almost 5 years now. I don't think he will be having second thoughts, and I have to agree with Jelly I don't think  Kuon will even allow you second thoughts at this point.” Julie watched as Kyoko turned towards the tent doors and twisted her hands again.

“Oh no Kyoko! You're not having second thoughts, are you?” Julie cried as she looked as if she was about to rush Kyoko again who instantly turned and shook her head decisively.

“No... No but have they arrived yet?” Kyoko asked as Jelly and Julie smiled knowing why Kyoko was so nervous. There had been a few people asking if Kyoko would need  an escort down the aisle, but she had refused all offers. Lory had pouted to begin with but he had listened to her reasoning and had been happy with her decision  And besides how was he supposed to mediate the ceremony if he was walking her down the aisle? Lory had almost thrown a party just at the thought of it.

“They will be here Kyoko,” Jelly said smiling as they heard a knock on the, tent flap pole.

“So is she decent?” Kanae’s voice came through the fabric as Julie smiled and pulled open the door.

“Yes, all ready!” she said beaming with pride as Kanae entered, followed by Chiori, Honoka and Hotaru.

“OH my god Kyoko! you look gorgeous!" Hotaru cried as she looked upon her friend. Kyoko smiled at her bridesmaids and Kanae, her maid of honour.