Challenges and Jealousy

"I do like him, Honoka-san, but just because I like him does not mean he would ever reciprocate my feelings." Honoka smiled at her,

"Then you will just have to make him, my dear." and she released Kyoko's arm, racing down the sand dunes with a whoop. Kyoko stood shocked for a moment but when Honoka turned to her she followed laughing all the way, as Kuon watched on his heart soaring. He wished he could follow them but he had no choice but to follow the path as he watched Honoka and Kyoko run down to the sea together, laughing and shouting all the way. Kanae smiled as Chiori caught up with her, also laughing at the antics of the pair who were now stripping off their shoes and paddling in the water.

"I'm glad to see she looks better than she did this morning." Hotaru commented, keeping pace with the two smiling girls. She noticed they were purposely slowing down allowing the camera crews and other girls to get ahead of them.

"Kyoko will be fine. She's a tough cookie that girl... well as long as the L word isn't mentioned." Hotaru looked at Chiori,

"The L word?"

"Love." it was Kanae who answered this time, she smiled at Hotaru.

"We know you saw it this morning just as plain as we did. Kuon's reaction to Kyoko being there. He's been in love with the girl for two years now probably longer, but Kyoko is scared of love and any feelings that go with it. It's only been recently that we got her to admit she even liked him in more than a kouhai/senpai relationship." Kanae thought back to the day her and Chiori had cornered Kyoko in the Love Me locker room and made her talk. It had been good for Kyoko to let it out in the open and they had been slowly watching her feelings grow for Kuon and now this! Why did the president feel the need to meddle? Honestly?

"But he's so obvious? How can she not see it?" Kanae sighed

"Because she has been running away from love for so long she no longer even knows what it is anymore. She also has no self confidence and believes herself to be boring and ugly and that no man would touch with a barge pole all because one guy told her it was so." Kanae's fists were balled, her anger raw. She would never forgive Shotaro! Not now, not ever for what he had done to her best friend.

"She is also scared of abandonment. It's a complex she has." Chiori offered.

"Abandonment? Why is she scared of being abandoned?.. Well duh, stupid question ignore that. But why would she think anyone would abandon her?" Kanae looked at Hotaru,

"Because that's all she has ever known."she saw the truthful sadness in Kanae's eyes and decided not to push the question. It seemed Kyoko had a deep past and in some ways that made her feel more loving towards the girl and her friends that protected her so well.

The beach was wonderful. Kyoko looked around at all the women, everyone was having a good time. As usual there was a large group of women around Kuon as they all vied for his attention and Kyoko truly did wonder if some of the bikinis were bought that way or if they had simply cut them to show off more flesh. She personally thought if she had bought one that way she would surely ask for a refund.

Kuon looked stunning as usual with his well sculpted chest and muscled arms, defined but not overly so. He wore long board shorts which Kyoko personally thought looked hot, very nice indeed! She lay her towel out next to Kanae who was already laid out in her bikini, enjoying the sun. Kyoko looked around and then at herself a little self consciously. All the other girls, Chiori included had taken off their over clothes preferring to just go around in their swimsuits. She was the only one still in her dress.

"It won't take itself off, Kyoko." Kanae said without even opening her eyes.

"Do not make me ask Kuon to come help you. I'm sure he'd enjoy that though it would make you look bad with the ladies." Honoka who was lying to the right of Kanae chuckled as instantly Kyoko was taking off the red sundress to reveal her pure white bikini. She swiftly folded her dress and sat down embarrassed, half the women here were models! There was no way she could compete. Kuon had been waiting for it, watching Kyoko out of the corner of his eyes as he pretended to be interested in what the women were telling him, but he just couldn't not watch her as she swiftly removed the red dress. She was stunning and he felt his shorts getting tighter and had to look away. Standing up, he looked at the items they had been given for this date and he was pleased to see a volleyball.