Send in the Man

The wait in the entrance hall was brief, with each girl seemingly excited for the arrival of their bachelor. Kyoko stood nervously, twisting her thumbs while Kanae sighed, clearly bored as Chiori conversed with Hotaru and the rest of the girls they had spent the day with yesterday. The sound of a bell on the staircase told her it was time. As Makoto signaled with her hands for the switching on of the cameras, Kyoko's heart clenched. She was terrified.

"Well Ladies." Makoto called in a clear and powerful voice as the cameras began to roll.

"Allow me to introduce you to our bachelor!" Kyoko raised her head in time to see a well-dressed figure descending the stairs and her breath caught. Kanae's head shot up at her best friends gasp and Chiori's jaw dropped.

"I'm going to kill the president ." Kanae exclaimed loud enough for Kyoko, Chiori and Hotaru to hear. The latter who looked shocked at her words as Kuon Hizuri descended the stairs, some of the girls gushed, some smiled politely, while Oka and Yuka both squealed with delight. Kanae turned to look at Kyoko who was looking at the floor now refusing to look up. Chiori who had also instantly thought of Kyoko's feelings looked at her then meeting Kanae's eyes shared a worried expression while the now completely and utterly confused Hotaru stepped past Chiori to place her arms around the girl who looked ready to collapse.

"Are you OK, Kyoko-chan?" she asked as Kyoko just nodded and Hotaru heard Kanae sigh sadly. She would have to ask these girls what the hell was going on here? She had never seen such a reaction to Japan's number one actor, bachelor and hell, sex god! And didn't they work for LME too? Maybe there were bad feelings between them and their senior? She could feel Kyoko starting to tremble slightly and was shocked to see her eyes sparkling. Was she about to cry? God, she needed to get to the bottom of this and fast. As soon as Kuon started speaking Kyoko's head shot up, nearly butting Hotaru, who managed to avoid the impact by side stepping towards Kanae who again was watching Kyoko's face.

"Hello Ladies, as Makoto-san has kindly pointed out Kuon Hizuri and I will be your...host, I suppose would be the best word for this venture." Kyoko blanched. She could feel the radiance of his gentleman smile from here. Like waves of ice, it was playing across the room, his aura dark and menacing.

"How bad?" Kanae asked quietly. Hotaru looked between them. How bad was what? What the hell is going on here?

"It's bad, I've not seen him this angry in a while." Kyoko whispered.

"Hang on a sec! Who is angry? What's going on?" Hotaru had given up at this point. She was annoyed and confused. These people were making no sense at all to her.

"Kuon-san is angry." Kyoko answered never taking her eyes off Kuon who was now telling them what a pleasure it was to be here with them. With every word his smile seemed to be growing in brilliance, making Kyoko step back at the malice it contained. Kanae pulled Hotaru towards her.

"Kyoko is a little...different I suppose would be the best word. She's sensitive to feelings and emotions. She could tell with Ren from the beginning. Even when he became Kuon, they have been friends for quite awhile now so she reads his moods well. Trust me, that's no real smile on his face. If he was truly smiling, the bimboes in this room would have passed out by now." she shot a look at Oka as she said this. Today her clothes seemed to scream hussy rather than classy, the skin tight tiger print mini dress was in Kanae's thoughts. That was not even something she would let the poor dog she dragged around with her sleep on, never mind wear. Her makeup looked like it had been applied with a cement shovel and the fact she was trying to stand in the ridiculous nine inch heels she was wearing was to Kanae's mind cringe worthy.

"Now my beautiful ladies, if you would be so kind as to line up so you can each individually introduce yourself to Kuon-san, we will begin." Hotaru walked with Kyoko and Kanae into line.