Living her Fairytale

Then at the last moment he turned to Kyoko and held out the rose to her.

"Please accept this rose as a heartfelt token of my sincere love and appreciation."

All sound had been shut off in the room as Kyoko's breath caught in her throat. The words just wouldn't come out right and before she had even thought about what she was saying, the whisper was caught by the sound equipment.

"No."

"OK cut cut..." the voice rang out over the startled members present.

Kuon looked like his entire world had just collapsed around him and Kyoko looked ready to bolt. It wasn't until a smiling Maemi grabbed the girl and turned to Kuon.

"Just hold that thought." The rest of the room became alive again as Maemi literally dragged Kyoko over to the side room which had been used all along as Makoto's office. "We'll just be borrowing this," she called over her shoulder as she pushed a stone like Kyoko through the door.

The use of her personal space must have stirred something in Makoto as she raced forward. "You can't do that Maemi! This is a live show!"

Turning to the host the young woman sighed. If she wanted to make this difficult she could do so, but at that moment in time she just wanted to get this all sorted out and it wouldn't hurt to appear to be the hero.

"Makoto, you're wonderful... So are the cast and crew and everyone present. The audience is wonderful. Without them we would not be able to work in the industry we love, but think for a moment how this industry is not perfect and mistakes can be made... You have just put a young woman before half of the country and then shocked her to the point she has become illiterate. How would you have reacted if Yashiro-san over there had done the same thing to you just now?" Maemi smiled as Makoto had the sense to blush. Yes Maemi did know of the growing friendship and maybe more between the manager and best friend of the show's star. Her knowledge only led to her advantage.

"5 minutes." Lory said stepping up beside the pair with a large smile on his face directed at Makoto. Not even he had known that little snippet of information.

"That's all I'm asking." Maemi said with a smile as she entered the room and shut the door firmly behind her.

Kyoko was still standing there, exactly where she had left her. If the situation wasn't so important Maemi thought she could have had a good laugh at the girl. But knowing the time limit she placed one of the chairs behind Kyoko and pushed her into it.

"OK snap out of it!" her tone was harsh and forceful as she perched herself on the desk before Kyoko.

"What have I done?" Kyoko whispered looking down at her hands before her as if she expected to see blood on them.

The way Kuon had looked when she had finally managed to get a word out would have made even her believe she had just ripped his heart from his chest with her bare hands.

"You freaked out, no big deal." Maemi knew she was being harsh and unsupportive, but really she needed to snap Kyoko out of her shocked state pronto if she was to save any type of relationship the two of them might have.

"NO BIG DEAL! I JUST SAID NO TO THE MAN I LOVE!" Kyoko nearly screamed before clamping her hands across her mouth in shock.

"Good then we're on the same page." The happiness in Maemi's voice completely stunned Kyoko.

"You think this is great don't you? If I reject him he will turn to you instead." Well that had not been what Maemi had expected but she couldn't help but scoff. This girl really was something else.