A Surprising Ceremony

Chiori looked up as there was a knock on the bedroom door. Looking across at the curled figure of her friend on her bed she smiled lightly. Kyoko had not stopped smiling since she had returned. Chiori had tried to question her, but Kyoko had put her off saying she needed to shower first then upon Chiori coming back from taking Tama for a walk he had found Kyoko curled and asleep still smiling on her bed just wrapped in her towel. Chiori had covered her with her blanket and let the girl sleep.

"Julie-sama!" Chiori almost cried out remembering Kyoko asleep behind her, "Do you need something?" Chiori half whispered. Kyoko was a light sleeper and Chiori knew it.

"Well I was looking for Kyoko." Julie asked wondering why Chiori was whispering. She watched as the girl turned back to look in the bedroom as Julie followed her eyes to the lump in the bed. Chiori turned back to Julie.

"Is it important? I'm afraid Kyoko's a little wiped out." Julie smiled as she stepped forwards. Chiori didn't even hesitate stepping back to let the beautiful woman pass. Chiori watched as Julie approached Kyoko wondering if she was about to wake Kyoko, but she needn't have worried as Julie sat beside the sleeping girl and brushed the still slightly damp hair from her eyes.

"Well looks like we will have to wait until tomorrow to catch up and I was so looking forward to it." Julie said with a half-hearted sigh. The love in her eyes for the girl shone bright as she leant forwards and gently brushed her lips against Kyoko's forehead.

"Well then Chiori how about you and Tama come keep me company and we drop the Sama. It makes me feel old." Chiori chuckled as Julie struck a dramatic pose before smiling at her cheekily. They had become friends after Kuon's coming out and as both she and Kanae held the same love for Kyoko it had been hard for them not to. Julie had been the only other person alive Chiori had told one night in a depressed state about pushing Kyoko down the stairs at TBM. Though Chiori had seen the disapproval in Julie's eyes she never scolded the girl when she explained just how much she hated herself for doing it. Julie had comforted her telling her she made up for her mistakes everyday she was friends with Kyoko. And though her actions had been wrong, it was one of those things that had brought her to the person she was today so she could not say it wasn't an important part of life.

"That sounds great Julie and I suppose you want all the gossip?" she asked smiling. Julie smiled wider.

"Of course!" and together with Tama on their heels they left the sleeping Kyoko still smiling in her own world, where she and Kuon were still dancing in that clearing near the stream.

The next 3 days seemed to pass in a blur for Kyoko. For all who knew her well could see she was extremely happy. She like all the girls before her, spoke a little about their date with Kuon. Chiori decided early on that Kyoko was playing down the date and promised herself she would find out why when she got a moment. But that moment never came and as she climbed into the car with Kuon her movements were swift and precise. She would have to thank Julie for letting her in on the little secret of how to disable the car camera. As the light blinked out Kuon just stared at her from the driving seat.

"Chiori-chan?" Kuon asked as he watched the girl drop the wires she had just pulled from below the dashboard. Chiori just smiled softly and waited without replying. It only took a few minutes before Kuon's phone was ringing, hooked into the car's hands-free system Kuon answered it,

"Hello?"

"Ano... Kuon? The live feed has gone out from the car. Can you see any reason for it?" this was when Chiori spoke.

"I'm sorry I think I may have caught the wiring with my bag." Chiori added with a very soft un-Chiori like cute voice which had Kuon smiling. You sneaky minx you! Kuon thought as he listened to the crewman assuring Chiori it was fine and they would sort it out as soon as they arrived at their destination. As soon as the call was dropped Chiori smiled over at Kuon.