Chapter 19

It's Sweetdreams31 here! :) I hope you all enjoy this chapter! :) I made it longer than the other two I made for this story, so I hope you like it.

PLEASE VOTE, COMMENT, AND FAN! :)

=======================

Just One Kiss: Chapter 19

(Shae’s POV)

Angry, fat tears welled up in the corner of my eyes as I grinded my teeth together in utter frustration. Macy was dead! Picking up one of my lamps in my room, I threw it against the wall, causing it to shatter to millions of pieces, a scream leaving my throat as I did so. I couldn’t protect anyone. Three people have died have now, four if you counted Frank, died because of me, and I couldn’t do anything to stop it.

I felt a new-found determination fill my blood pounding veins. I was going to kill that damn soul eater if it was the last thing I do.

Reaching into my pocket, I pulled out my phone. I scrolled through my contacts, searching for that one name. When I saw it, I let my finger hover over it hesitantly. This would be the first time I’ve ever asked for this. I never, ever had a problem killing a soul-eater before, but this one was different, this one was craftier.

I pushed the green button and held the phone to my ear. A couple of rings filled my ear drum until the sound of a familiar, gruff voice entered my hearing.

“Hello?”

“Uncle? It’s me Shae.” I spoke, my low and slightly shaking.

“What is it? Is your mission over?” He asked in a surprised tone.

“No,” I bit my lip, feeling weak for the first time in many years. “I need back up.”

“Back up?” His voice sounded astonished. “Shae you’ve never asked for back up before.”

“I know uncle.” I replied through clenched teeth. “This time I need it. There have been three deaths since I’ve been here. I cannot do this alone. Send your best squad.”

Silence was on the other end. My free hand shook with disappointment as I waited impatiently for his response. This was going to hurt my reputation among the other members, I knew it. I, Shae Reece, the top hunter in the corporation was asking for help.

“Usually, I wouldn’t do this. I hope you know that. However, with that said, I know when you’re being serious. I can tell this one is too much for you, so I’m going to dispatch them for you. My best three men should be there by daybreak.” He paused to take a deep breath. “Don’t disappoint me Shae.”

“Yes, sir,” I said in my mechanical voice.

“Alright, well get a goodnight rest. You’ll be scouting tomorrow with the rest of them.”

“Yes, uncle.” I said, bowing slightly, even though I knew he couldn’t see me.

“Goodnight, Shae.”

I pulled the phone away from my ear, staring at the blinking numbers before I shut it. My tears had stopped, but their trails still showed perfectly on my pale cheeks. I used the back of my hand to swipe them away. A sound left my throat, possibly a maniac sounding laugh. There was no possible way the damned soul eater was going to get out of this alive.

Forcing a sigh from my lips, I noticed just how tired I actually was. My body felt like it weighted millions of pounds, and my feet dragged as I sluggishly made my way to my bed. I pulled off my jacket, tossing it to the floor, and slid under the thick, fluffy comforter. My eyes drooped and I knew that I was going to end up falling asleep any second.