Chapter 9

Chapter 9

Nathaniel's POV

“So, hows school, Nathaniel?” Mrs. Harris saw me come home from school and stopped me at my door.

“I bet you're a popular boy.” She smiled flirtatiously.

“Uh, yeah. I guess...?” I started inching the door closed but Mrs. Harris stopped me.

“I bet you have a good job. By the looks of your house, you must have a great job!” Holy crap, does this woman ever shut up!?

“No, Mrs. Harris, I don't have a job.” I stopped and thought about the idea of a job. It might not be so obvious if I took a soul of a customer. Sure, there'd still be a commotion, but not as big and as obvious as that girl from school.

“But, do you know if anyone's hiring?” I asked.

“Well,” Mrs. Harris started playing with her hair flirtatiously. “There's a place near the school called Duke's Juice Bar. It's where all the teens hang out.” Scary how she knows this.

“Okay. Thanks Mrs. Harris. I'll think about it.” Before she could say anything else, I shut the door.

I went to the kitchen and got something to drink then walked into the living room deep in thought about this job.

If I got the job, there would be plenty of souls for me to eat. I smiled at the thought of that. If I got the job, it wouldn't be so obvious that it was me. Even though its not obvious anyway.

Hhm, this could work. I decided that I would go tomorrow and apply for a job at Duke's Juice Bar.

*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'*'

“What can I get you? It's on the house for such a pretty face like yours.” Oh crap, I wish I didn't have to lie. This girl was ugly, but she looked easy enough to get a soul out of her.

She giggled, but it was cut off by a hiccup. “Can I have a lemonade?” She hiccuped again “Oh, can you add strawberries to it?”

I looked at her suspiciously. “Sure.” I don't think this lemonade is the only thing she ordered. She looked a little tipsy.

I walked to the fountain, but I asked someone else to get her lemonade.

I went over to the other side of the counter, right next to a very beautiful girl. “Well, hello there.” I said coolly. “You must be in a wrong place, the Miss Universe contest is over there.”

She didn't even smile at that one. “Hhm, cute. Can I have a cherry Pepsi, please?”

“Yes you can.” I went to the soda fountain and got a glass of cherry Pepsi for her. When I came back, I said, “I'm sorry, were you talking to me?”

She looked at me as if I were crazy. “No...?”

“Well then, please start.” I leaned against the counter and pushed her Pepsi closer to her.

She rolled her eyes. “How much will this be?”

“Sure, I'd like your number.” I said with a smirk while pulling out my phone.

She got up, taking her cup with her, and went to a different cash register.

I chuckled and went to the next customer, another hot girl.

“Oh hey.” She said to me. “You know, you look a lot like my next boyfriend.” She was with a bunch of friends, at least three other girls, and they all started giggling.

I smirked. “Oh yeah?” This is going to be so easy.

“Yeah, you do.” She leaned in closer to me. “I'm invisible, can you see me?” Oh man, she's dumb. I can't wait to take her soul.

I whispered back, “Yeah, I can see you.”

She smiled. “How 'bout on your next break?”

It took me a second, but then I finally got it. “Oh, I see what you did there. Yes, I get off at three. See you then.” I winked at her and they all started giggling.

I walked away thinking, Yes! Another soul! The thought of it put me in a good mood for the rest of that shift.

~~~~~~~~

HEY! ... CoookieMonster here!(: this is my chapter, I hope you enjoyed it! if you didn't, well, I'm sorry :/ ... :P Well, Thanks for reading!!! ~BYE!

<3~CoookieMonster:P