Chapter 21

~Nathaniel's POV

As soon as the bell rang at the end of the day, I gathered up all of my stuff and headed out. I got into my car and decided I'd stop by Duke's Juice Bar. I have a certain request that I'd like to place.

A request having to do with a certain person that is coming over my place later to practice some sparring.

It took a little less than a half an hour to get there from school and I went inside, leaving my stuff in the car. I walked up to one of the cash registers and leaned against the counter. I winked at the girl behind the counter causing her to blush a little. This

is going to be easy.

"You know," I said glancing around as if to see if anyone was listening. "I think you might want to call the cops." She gasped in shock. 

"Why?! What happened? Is someone hurt?!" she asked, half-shouting.

"Well," I said shaking my head as a smirk formed on my mouth. "I'm pretty sure that it's illegal to look so fine."

She looked relived that nothing actually happened and giggled, blushing a little more.

"Can I ask a favor of someone so beautiful?"

She looked up a little nervously. "Of course, is there something you need?"

I nodded. "Well, two things: One, your name." I said with another wink. 

She looked down and fiddled with her fingers nervously and she smiled to herself. "My name is Sherry."

I smiled. "That's a very nice name. My name is Nathaniel."

She gazed dreamily into my eyes. "What is the second thing you need?"

"Well, you see," I said, putting my hands in my pockets. "I need to speak with the manager. I have a few things I want to discuss with him. Could you show me where he is?"

She smiled, still gazing into my eyes. "Right this way," she said, guiding me past the counter.

She probably has no idea that I already work here. But hey, talking to her now will get me on her good side and make her a likely candidate for one of my future victims.

She stopped in front of a door with a sign on it that read 'Manager's Office'.

Huh. You know, I've never noticed that there before. I knocked on the door as Sherry walked away.

"Come in," I heard a deep voice call from inside.

I slowly opened the door, revealing the messy office inside. I looked over and saw a chubby looking man sitting behind the desk with glasses resting on the edge of his nose.

He looked up at me over the rims of his glasses and waited for me to say something.

"Um," I said, looking down. "Good morning. My name is Nathaniel. I work here and I was just wondering if I could change some of my shifts--"

"Yeah, yeah, yeah. Look, kid, can't you tell I'm busy? Now scram and come back some other time." he said, waving his hand in my direction dismissively.

I raised an eyebrow.

Oh, he did not just go there.

I walked up to his desk and slammed my hand down, snatching the newspaper he had in his hands and I threw it on the floor.

I narrowed my eyes at him as he looked up at me in shock.

"I'm going to try that again. I'm here to change the shifts I work. Is that going to be a problem?" I asked, gritting my teeth.