Chapter 10

Hey ya’ll! Coldy here!

So this is my first time writing for TheEpicSmurfs so I really really really hope you like it!

I decided that because it is my first chapter in this story, I wanted to get into the minds of both characters, so this chapter is in two parts, one from Shae’s POV and one from Nathaniel’s xD

I made it long just for you guys :D *hands out popcorn* Enjoy!

DON’T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT [as usual xD] AND FAN IF YOU’RE NEW!

The song is Tainted Love by Soft Cell :) Why? Cuz I think it’s kinda fitting, like the girls are singing to Nathaniel xD

RANDOM QUOTE (cuz I can and I’m random like that xD)

”Nothing is perfect. Therefore, being perfect is being nothing… and that’s a great way to lose weight.”
~Craig Benzine

Also, just wanted to say thanks to everyone for all the votes and comments and all the amazing support! We love our fans!

I look forward to writing more for you guys! Please tell me how I did!

<3 Coldy

DFTBA (Don’t Forget To Be Awesome)

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

==Chapter 10==

-PART 1-

(Shae’s POV)

   Tiffany.

   Images of her face, of those blank, empty eyes haunted me. Every step I took, all I could see was that emptiness. She had died in the worst way possible, without a soul.

   And I could’ve prevented it.

   The guilt ate away at me, gnawed at my mind like a parasite, I couldn’t escape it.

   But why now? Why her? Why was I left so shaken by a girl I had barely known?

   Because she died.

   She died because I was too complacent, too stupid to really look. Why couldn’t I have opened my eyes? Why couldn’t I have-

   No! Stop it Shae, stop it right now! This isn’t your fault, it isn’t, it isn’t, it isn’t!

   But no matter how many times I said it in my mind, no matter how many times I whispered it to myself; I still couldn’t make myself really believe it.

   What if I had done something different? What if I hadn’t been such a jerk to her? What if, for once in my goddamn life, I had actually been nice to a complete stranger?

   Because you’re Shae Reece, you’re a hunter. You hunt soul-sucking Soul Eaters for a living. You weren’t trained to be nice. You were trained to kill, not to feel sorry for yourself.

   It was that voice, that inner voice that had always kept me sane and stable and willing to kill. But right now, it wasn’t working. Right now, all I wanted to do was curl up in a ball and make it all disappear. All the pain, all the death, all the killing, I wanted it to go away. But that was completely unrealistic. I was a Hunter by trade and hunters aren’t supposed to feel this.