Chapter 3

Three:

Morning, finally! Despite being absolutely exhausted last night I'd still struggled to sleep. The anticipation of possibly being able to steal a soul today had kept me awake all night; I was like a little kid on Christmas eve.

I needed to look my absolute hottest today to draw all female students closer to me; which shouldn't be hard because I was already hot, it came with being a soul sucking monster. My green eyes, black floppy hair and very toned abs just drew the girls right into the trap; like bees to honey. It certainly helps me to tempt my prey, and to top it all off I have my overall charm and irresistible chat up lines.

I took a shower before finding something to wear. In the end I just settled for casual jeans and a white T-shirt with a check shirt over the top; yes of course soul-stealers wear normal clothes. Do you expect us to walk around wearing a black cloak? I guess you also expect us to have devil horns and big black wings too? Well, your idea of us soul-eaters is completely messed up! We're just like normal guys, except for the fact that we're a lot hotter than the average guy. But I certainly don't have horns or wings; foolish humans jumping to conclusions!

When I'd been to previous high schools to steal souls I'd found that the whole player act could be quite successful in getting girls, so I had plenty of chat up lines up my sleeves. I just hoped that I could find an easy girl who would kiss me today, I was desperate for a soul to quench that yearning thirst that was building. If I didn't steal a soul soon then I wouldn't be able to control my actions, I'd probably end up going on a mass soul-stealing-spree, which would result in lots of suspicious deaths.

Despite how appealing that sounded, I knew I needed to lie low for a while. Just until I was certain that no one was searching for me. I'm pretty sure the hunter will begin their pursuit of me once they've heard of my escape. That was one hell of a prison break; I felt like such a ninja! But maybe if I'd plotted for a while longer I would have come up with a prison break that wouldn't have been quite so obvious, and then I'd be completely free to eat as many souls as I want. I guess there's no point in dwelling over it; I need to make the most of my freedom. Time to go eat some souls!

Once I was ready for school I headed downstairs to grab a quick snack before heading to school. I wanted to get there early because that way I had even longer to work my magic on the girls.

I soon set off for school, it wasn't too far away, it was in an easy walking distance. Plus walking there had it's advantages too; I can keep my eyes open for potential soul donators. I shoved my hands in my jeans pockets and then began a slow casual walk to school. I was certainly going to arrive there early so I figured I might as well take my time.

When I got to school I began to follow the signs to the reception so that I could sign in and receive my map and timetable that you usually got on your first day. Whilst walking there I spotted a blonde girl talking avidly into her phone. Her face showed clear enthusiasm in the conversation.

She looked like a cheerleader kind of girl; an easy target.

Soul donator one! I thought whilst a smirk made it's way on my face.

"Excuse me?" I called to the blonde girl. She looked up at me and her mouth fell open in shock as she started to drool over me. She began checking me out before whispering something into her phone and hanging up.

"Yes?" she answered as she walked over to me, slightly swaying her hips seductively in the process.

"Um, I'm new here and I can't find my way to the reception, could you show me the way please?" I asked politely while flashing one of my oh-so-dazzling smiles at her. She gazed dreamily into my eyes as if hypnotised by my charm. She soon managed to compose herself though.