0.3

Lucia took a gulp, shooting another glare at Shea, who was red-faced and trying not to laugh. Luke coughed into his pale fist awkwardly on the other end, waiting for some introduction, it seemed, and Lucia sighed. "U-Um, well..." She started, pausing for a minute before talking again, scratching the back of her dark locks.

"I-It's Lucia."

"Excuse me?"

"Oh."

Lucia remembered they never had actual introductions. How could she forget? God, she felt like an idiot. She took another breath - talking to a rock-star was hard, alright? - and spoke, again, more cautiously and a little less quietly.

"U-Um, the girl from the coffee shop." Lucia said, biting her lip. There wasn't a reply until there was a laugh, and Lucia froze. Did she say something wrong again? She probably did, knowing her. Air-headed Lucia Robinson strikes again, this time to a well-known celebrity.

"Ah, so that's your name. It's pretty, I like it." Luke said, and although his voice was muffled and wherever he was was a little loud, Lucia heard it loud and clear. Compliments were something she never got often, so of course she overreacted and blushed madly, mouthing over to Shea on what to do. Her friend only shrugged, a sick and maybe sadistic smirk on her face.

"T-Thank you, um, I have to go, bye." Lucia said with a rush, and as she pulled the phone away from her ear there was a "Wait, what?" on the other end before she hung up.

"Oh. My. God! Lu!" Shea hollered at her friend, jumping off the old couch. She was far too excited - you'd think that Lucia, who actually talked to Luke, would be excited but- to her surprise- she wasn't. She was absolutely mortified at what had just happened.

Shea was rambling about the start of a new love story and how she would write about it, though Lucia wasn't listening to her friends mindless rants. Only murmuring to herself quietly, then stopping as she thought instead. She didn't want to be seen as crazy.

First of all, what the hell was Luke thinking? He didn't even know her name, yet he gave her his number?

Second of all, Lucia was going to murder Shea, hide the evidence, then hide in her bedroom until she wasn't anything but dust. A small tower of awkward, fangirl, shy dust.

"Why would you do that?" Lucia wailed quietly, looking up at Shea from the couch. Shea only grinned; she always had a retort or something.

"He gave you his number for a reason. Weren't you gonna call him eventually?"

"No! Of course not!"

Shea pouted, sighing in a motherly-disappointed manner, then grabbed her bag. "Well, figure out what you're gonna do. I have stuff to do." She said, sending a friendly wink before walking out the apartment door, leaving Lucia to think about what had just happened, how she was going to get over it, and what she would do if she saw Luke again.

wrapped around your finger

The next day, Lucia didn't have work. And for that, she was eternally grateful. She had many things to catch up on, including her sleeping, eating, thinking and cringing about her life.

Hey, better to do it now than in public.

Although, she did need a book. A new one, that is. Even if she did love one book, it became boring if you read it over and over and over again. Lucia needed something refreshing, something different than her usual horror story. Either something more thrilling, or something more dramatic.