Epilogue

Wendy

"I still don't understand. How is this even possible? Most people would be pregnant by now!" Maddi exclaimed. It was a week after Shane had marked me, and I still haven't marked him. There was nothing wrong. It was just never the right time.

I shrugged and continued eating the Oreo ice cream that we always eat. "It's actually kinda entertaining to me" I confessed. She raised an eyebrow in question. "Well, he really wants me to mark him. So it's like-"

"He's your bitch" she whispered, since Clara was playing with toys a few feet away. I nodded my head, laughing at her choice of words. "That's genius. I should've done that to your cousin" Maddi stated, eating her ice cream.

I laughed, nodding in agreement. "Babe!" my mate's voice echoed in the house before he came to the dining room. "Tell the guys that nothing is wrong with Shane Jr." he demanded, pointing at his lower region.

Rolling my eyes, I looked at Ralph and Tyson. "Shane Jr. is very active" I informed them.

Ralph cringed, regretting whatever caused this talk. "I thought you said that you guys haven't had sex" Maddi pointed out.

Shane huffed and crossed his arms. "You couldn't just play along" he whined. I laughed, kissing his cheek. He instantly pulled me closer. "Wendy. The guys think I'm not libidinous" he complained.

"Libidinous?"

"Sexually appealing" Tyson defined the word. I thanked him. "We were just asking, since it's been a week and you know, nothing happened" he pointed out.

Shane continued muttering about his sexual appeal while the guys just laughed at him. "Shane is very libidinous. I could just-"

"Okay!" Ralph cut me off. "I believe you! Tyson believes you too because he is not going to make me listen to what my cousin thinks about her mate!" he stated, giving Tyson a look.

Tyson sighed. "Fine" he caved. "Hey! I want some!" he snatched away my spoon and began eating the ice cream. "Oh! Did I tell you guys about this girl from last night? I met her at quadruple B"

We all shook our heads. He went on to tell us about how he's always seen her there, but only talked to her last night. Then apparently they went to her house. At least he wasn't very descriptive about what happened. I completely forgot that Tyson really got around. He usually didn't talk to me about his conquests. "She was different. She's not my mate. But she was interesting" he admitted.

"How effective are condoms?" I questioned him.

"98%" he answered. "But- uh..." Tyson said slowly.

Everyone's heads snapped to him. "Please tell me you used one" Maddi pleaded. Tyson sheepishly smiled. "You idiot!" she exclaimed, slapping the spoon out of his hand.

Tyson frowned. "She said she was on the pill" he defended.

I rolled my eyes at him. "People lie, Ty. And she could've had something. You should've used one" I said softly. He sighed and slumped in the couch.

"But she was different! I don't know. Maybe if I don't find my mate then..." he trailed off.

I stared at him, realizing that he was actually infatuated with this girl. "Just be careful. This is your choice. But there is still time for your mate to show up" I reminded him. He nodded in understanding. Shane began running his hands along my waist as Tyson continued to talk about that girl. "I'm happy for him. She might not be his mate, but he does like her" I whispered.

Shane nodded in agreement. "It's about time he found someone. But I think he should at least look around for his mate. Just for a little while- maybe a month or so" Shane told me.