Chapter 25

Wendy

Shane took two large steps forward before roughly pulling me flush against him. His chest heaved with his heavy breaths as he buried his face into my neck. "You were gonna leave me" he mumbled, holding me tighter. I felt tears begin to form in my eyes. "You were gonna leave me" Shane repeated.

Biting my lip, I forced his arms to loosen so I would wrap my arms around his waist. "I'm still here. It won't happen again. I promise" I assured him. His arms tightened again, almost crushing me. "I'm not going anywhere" I craned my neck to press a kiss to his jaw, since his head was still on my neck. I shuddered as he pressed his lips to my neck.

I stood, allowing him to kiss and suck on my neck. He was silent as he continued his assault. He was even able to lift me onto the sink before locking the door. I took one look at his dark eyes, and I knew what was going to happen. Taking a deep breath, I smiled encouragingly at my mate and pulled him closer to me. I tilted my head to the right, so he could have better access. Immediately, he buried his face back into my neck and ran his nose along the area, taking in my scent. Abruptly, his teeth sunk into my skin.

I winced, but refrained myself from moving. He needed this. Shane's hands were on my waist, holding me in place and rubbing small circles. I sighed once the pain stopped. It now felt relaxing, as if I was getting a neck massage. After a few moments, Shane moved away and cleaned up my neck. "I love you too" he muttered.

A small smile made it's way onto my face. Holding his neck, I moved his face towards mine and pressed our lips together. His thoughts flowed around my head making me freeze. I continued tracing lazy patterns on his neck, but I didn't make a move to mark him. Shane keeping our foreheads together and closing his eyes. He was thinking about his parents- how he lost them and could've lost me. "I'm so sorry, Shane. I just-"

"Thank you" he cut off my apology. "I get why you did it. I don't agree with it. But I understand, so thank you" he said sincerely before pecking my lips. His thoughts slowly changed from sad to content as I slowly forgot about marking him. We stayed in that position for a while. Shane standing between my legs with his arms wrapped loosely around my waist and me sitting on the counter with my arms around his neck. "You smell like me" he stated, sniffing my neck.

I laughed and slightly pulled away from him. "Is it very noticeable?" I questioned. Our scents mix after we mark each other, but he only marked me- not vice versa. The mixing would be even stronger after we mate.

Shane continued to sniff my neck before he shrugged. "You smell nice though" he said with a smile.

"You're basically complimenting yourself" I pointed out. He shrugged, a small smile on his face. "I love you"

His grin widened. "I love you more" he said cheekily. I didn't even bother to argue because I know we would just end up going back and forth. I pressed my lips to his, but quickly pulled away. "Tease" he muttered before leaning forward to kiss me. I turned my head to the side so he kissed my cheek, which made me giggle as Shane pouted. He started leaning forward again, but this time he cradled my face in his hands so I wouldn't move.

"Really, Shane?! You marked her in a bathroom?!" We both pulled away and laughed. "Make yourselves presentable and come downstairs!"

Shane looked a little red. "Aw. You're cute" I teased, pinching his cheeks. Rolling his eyes, he swatted my hands away. I turned my head and sniffed my own shoulder. "Your scent is extremely noticeable" I groaned. He nodded, burying his face in my neck and pressing his lips to my shoulder. I shuddered and instinctively held his head there. Shane smiled against my skin and began sucking on my new mark. "She's gonna get mad if we're not downstairs" I informed him breathlessly. I bit my lip to keep in other sounds.