Chapter 2

Wendy

Waking up with bright lights shining in your face isn't fun at all. I looked around the room I was in. It was obviously for a hospital. I was in a large black t-shirt with my undergarments still on. No one else was in the room, but I could guess that the men in the forest put me here.

The door opened, and in walked one of the six men with two women following him. "Hello" one of the woman said kindly. She had black hair that fell right above her shoulders. She was also holding a clipboard, so she's probably the doctor. "I'm Dr. Bradshaw" she informed me.

I nodded. "Wendy" I introduced myself. I looked at the other woman and the man, waiting for some introduction.

The man sighed and held his hand out for me to shake. "I'm Beta Mitchell Locke" he stated. "This is Alpha Beverly Carvalho" my eyes widened when he said 'Alpha.' I just noticed the power that radiated off the two of them, especially the girl.

I wonder how that works. She's an Alpha; but when she gets her mate, I don't think he'll want to be Luna. Would they both be Alphas? By the looks of it, Alpha Beverly takes her job seriously. And I don't think she would want to give up her position.

Beta Mitchell cleared his throat, pulling me from my thoughts. Bowing my head, I quickly apologized for coming onto their land. "It's no problem" Alpha Beverly spoke up. "I was actually going to suggest that you join my pack" she stated. The doctor quietly excused herself.

"That's really nice of you, but I don't think that's a good idea" I stated. "I'm not a threat to you pack; it's just that I'm better off alone" I half-lied. I just have to tell part of the truth, so they don't know I'm lying. The real truth is, I don't want to be here when they find out that I have a Royal Mark.

They both raised their eyebrows in a questioning manner. "You're better off alone?" she asked. I nodded my head. "Are you sure? Because you're dehydrated, you weight 92 pounds, you fell out of a tree, you have absolutely no clothes, and you're only 19"

I frowned. The doctor clearly shared my info with her. "I'm afraid that I will have to decline your offer" I said softly. "When can I leave?" I questioned.

Alpha Beverly sighed, she obviously didn't like my refusal. "If you insist on leaving, then I would suggest you stay until you are actually healthy. You can sleep in a guest room. You will be fed properly. And I'll find some clothes for you. When the doctor okays you, then you can leave" she declared.

I nodded in agreement. "Thank you. But is there something for me to do to repay you?" I asked. I'd rather not be in debt of an Alpha- or of anyone for that matter.

The Alpha looked at the Beta and they had a silent conversation. They weren't talking through the mind-link, but they did look like they were communicating in some way. Awhile later, they both turned to me. "If you really want to do something, the women could always use help watching all the kids" Beta Mitchell offered.

"You're gonna trust me with the pack children?" I inquired. The Beta raised a questioning eyebrow. "Not that you can't trust me with them. I would never hurt the kids. Or the women. Or the men. I'm just gonna stop talking now" I said, trailing off.

He rolled his eyes at me while the Alpha laughed quietly. "We know that you're not a threat. Even if you tried anything, it would be pretty easy to take you down. No offense" she stated.

She's right. The kids could probably beat me up. I'm not gonna lie. I'm weak. The only reason I'm alive is because I can run and hide. Literally. I run away from the people that try to kill me until I find a hiding spot. It's much easier than risking my life by trying to fight them.