Chapter 11

Shane

After dinner with my grandmother, I said a quick goodbye to my beautiful mate and left on my bike. It took a little over half an hour to get to the pack house- where I live along with other pack members. I passed by the patrol, giving the warriors a nod as I drove by. I stopped in front of the pack house and turned off my bike.

I got off the vehicle and opened the seat compartment to put in my helmet. Wendy's helmet was sitting inside, causing a smile to make its way on my face. I did buy that helmet especially for her. The night I met her, I went out and bought a helmet. Safety first. I just forgot to take off the tag before I first gave it to her. I stuffed the helmet inside before locking the compartment with my motorcycle key.

Going into the house, I noticed that it was dead silent. I'm not surprised about it. It was already dark outside, and every normal person would be sleeping- which is what I should be doing. However, I wanted to spend time with my mate. Even if most of that time was taken up by embarrassing stories from my grandma.

Don't get me wrong- I love the lady, but its not right to damage a man's ego like that. I trudged up the stairs and to my bedroom. The snores from all the pack members echoed in the hallway. I even heard a few mumbles from a few sleep-talkers.

Unfortunately, I was wrong about everyone being asleep. "You're home awfully late- way past your curfew" I walked into my bedroom and a silhouette on my bed started to speak.

Of course, Dominic loves to act like my father- which is ironic since I'm a little over a year older than the guy. "Can you save the lecture? I want to sleep" I stated while flipping the switch to turn on the light.

Dominic winced and blinked until his eyes adjusted to the light. So, I'm guessing he was waiting for me to get home. I wonder how long. "No. You're not gonna be here tomorrow. So you need the lecture now" he declined.

Sighing, I leaned against the wall and motioned for him to continue. "You're a werewolf. You could've mind-linked me. For all I know, rogues could've killed you while you were- only god knows where" he ranted.

I ran a hand down my face. "I told you guys. I was spending the day with Wendy. Then we were at Ralph's house for the birth. Then we had dinner" I recited everything that we did today.

"But you came home without her" Dominic noted. "We all know that she's not staying with Ralph. But you never bring her home. You leave to go see her in the morning. Then you come back late at night without her. What are you hiding?" he questioned.

I shook my head. "Nothing. I'm not hiding anything. She doesn't want to stay in the pack house, so she stays somewhere else" I informed him.

Dominic nodded. "Where is does she stay?" he inquired. This is more of an interview than a lecture. "Well?" Dominic urged.

I rolled my eyes at his impatient attitude. "I can't tell you" I said. Dominic looked shocked at my response. "Look, we're not doing anything against the pack or anything even remotely bad. She's still rogue. She didn't want to stay in the pack house. That's it" I insisted.

Finally accepting one of my answers, Dominic nodded his head. "I'll get the paperwork together for her to join" he informed me as he stood from my bed. "Get some sleep. You have quite a drive in the morning" he reminded me.

Nodding, I watched him walk past me and close the door before I plopped down on the bed. I lied to my Alpha. One of my best friends. And I doubt that it would be the last time.

I pulled off my pants and shirt before getting under the blankets. I willed for sleep. But it never came. Thoughts were running through my head about what might happen tomorrow.

Bearing the Royal Mark (Completed)On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara