Chapter 28

Chapter 28:

Taylor's POV

"I thought you said you weren't going to prom this year?" I ask Liam as he and Cara take a seat at the table next to ours.

"Change of plans," He mutters and I can feel my whole stomach drop and time stop.

Without thinking I get up from the table and leave the restraunt with tears running down my face. Harry and Niall were calling my name but I didn't care. No not one bit. The way Harry looked at Cara made me doubt everything.

I walk along the strip of shops in our town square while I try to gather my thoughts. Harry has been so good to me and now he was staring at Cara like she was the most beautiful thing in the world. I thought prom was suppose to be magical. Not a diaster and surely not one this big. Wasn't your date suppose to look at you that way and not someeone else?

I lift my dress trying to avoid dragging it on the ground and ruining the only thing good for myself. I might as well catch the bus home and lay in bed. I didn't need this and I surely didn't need Harry. I just wanted to crawl up in a ball and wrie a song or read one of my novels.

"Taylor!" I hear him call. Oh great.

I juust keep walking, trying to pretend likeI didn't notice he was there. I felt betrayed and my self esteem went down immediately. I didn't want to face him after what I felt at the restraunt. If anything we would end up like Liam and I, which scared me.

"Taylor c'mon," He says, but from where I am his voice is now barely audible.

I keep walking and I try to hide the expression of humiliation and heartbreak. How could my best friend do this? He made a promise at the lake. That we would always be friends and I don't think he held up his end.

"T, talk to me," He practically yells.

I finally get sick of my heels and remove them from my feet. I had actually walked pretty far in twenty minutes. My phone kept going off and it was either Niall, Zayn, or Harry. I chose to ignore them for now.

"Tay...lor," I can hear Harry out of breath and suddenly I feel a pang of pity. Maybe i should talk to him. If I want this to work.

I turn around and walk back over to him barefoot. I am sucker for Harry Styles.

"Sorry," I whisper and he takes a step torward me.

"It's ok T, just tell me what's wrong," he breathes.

"Everything. Liam lied," I say almost in tears.

'I know," He whispers and wraps his arms around my body.

"And the way you looked at her," I can't help but let the tears escape from my body this time.

'What do you mean?" he asks looking down at me. Our faces only inches apart.

"You looked at her like she was the most amazing girl you could ever lay eyes on," I choke out.

"Taylor. Don't say that. You're the only I could ever want. Haven't we disscussed this?" He questions as he cups my face.

"It's just hard. You once loved her," I respond.

""And you once loved Liam. It stung the way you left like that. I thought he made you upset because you wish that was you," Harry admits.

"We can't keep letting them ruin things," I suggest.

"I know. It's you and I. Marcel and Taylor," His green eyes flicker as he speaks.

'Harry and Taylor,' I correct and the tears are still pouring.

"Now that we've established this. Let's go to prom,' he replies with a beautiful white smirk.