Chapter 24 - This Close to Getting Caught

After dinner I waited outside the kitchen for Ukyo. He finished washing the dishes with Ema and led me to his room. I walked in to see Louis' hair products on the desk. Ukyo turned on the lights, letting a soft yellow glow protrude from the ceiling.

'So his roommate is Louis-san.'

"Ahem."

I guess I was staring, I shook my head a few times in order to wake me up. I didn't sleep since the plane ride so I was pretty tired. I look at Ukyo as rub my eyes like a child absentmindedly.

"Are these yours?"

He handed me my black-rimmed glasses and my eyes widened.

'Didn't I leave those in Kaname's roo-'

"Well?"

"Yeah, where did you find them?"I ask awkwardly while taking them from him and putting them at the collar of my shirt.

"I found them in Kana-nii's room. He didn't own glasses so I asked if they were lori-nii's and he said no. Ema overheard and told me they were yours."

The stern expression on his face never fazed as I nodded, my blush slightly showing.

"Oh...well thanks! I should get to bed now."I chuckle nervously.

I try walking past him to leave but he just scooted to the left and crossed his arms. I step back and look down, I figured he'd do that. My shoes suddenly looked interesting in my eyes.

'Come on Saki-chan make up a lie that fits.'

"Would you care to explain why your glasses were found in Kaname's room?"he asked stiffly."And look at me when I'm talking to you."

I look up and smile, much to his surprise.

'Got it.'

"I was looking for lori-kun. I wanted to ask what his favorite flower was and kind of socialize with him a bit more, you know since I rarely talk to him and stuff. Kaname-kun was in his room when I walked in and he told me that lori-kun was in the green house so I decided to see him the next day. I was wearing my glasses at the time and I guess I was in a hurry. I think they fell off my face while I was heading to my room and Kaname-kun picked them up."I lie, rubbing the back of my neck. "Sorry for the trouble Ukyo-kun."

I added the last part for a bit of innocent affect. Ukyo gaped at him response, probably thinking that I was doing something 'naughty' with Kaname. My thoughts were proven when a bright red blush covered his cheeks. He rubbed the back of his neck and once more became the calm brother I know.

"I-I see. W-Well then...Thank you for telling me Saki-chan."

"You're welcome."I smile.

I walk toward the door as he opened it up for me this time.

"Oyasumi Ukyo-kun."I yawn.

"Oyasumi."

'Well that was close.'