Crisis Core

Cloud x Soldier!reader

(Yn) p.o.v:

Zack called me in the meet someone. I'm kinda curious on who but he just said that it's a new soldier for me and Zack to work with as a team on missions. Tifa told me that he barely has emotions. So i just thought what could go wrong?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I entered to room Zack and the new guy was in. He had spiky blonde hair, blue eyes, and pale skin. He's cute but...Tifa was right...he doesn't even have that much emotions going on.

"so this is the new guy you were talking about Zack?"

"yep! i know that he might not look useful in battle but trust you should see his fighting style. oh and that reminds me that were on risky mission today."

"what is it?"

"well....Genesis and Sephiroth have gone mad and disappeared. and Angeal is just finding them on his own. So WE have to find them and try get them back to their regular duties."

"oh geez...are you serious? i never expected Sephiroth to be insane now...now that i imagine myself fighting Sephiroth, that would be a blood bath for sure. And he's the strongest Soldier we have."

"i know i know. i basically said the same thing about this whole mission were doing. but on bright side we have each other to look out for right?"

"yeah i guess...so what's the new guys name?"

"His name is Cloud Strife. We found him in a building i was investigating to see if i could've found any other info on Genesis, Angeal, and Sephiroth. unfortunately when Lazard came with me on this mission, he tried protecting the kid and eventually died by multiple gun shoots all over his body."

"huh...that tragic..."

"but that's not all, i found some info that might shock you. it shocked me though.  our three strong warriors were childhood friends back then."

"what?!"

"yeah. but enough with all the talking were wasting time so let's start our mission ok? we'll talk about this later."

"alright."

after that, Zack dragged Cloud like if he was a toddler or something or like a rag doll.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

we were in a far location away from our town searching to see i we could find any of out soldiers. unfortunately we were surrounded by alot of combatant soldiers. 

"damn it...what do we do now?"

"were gonna ave to fight our way out of this."

"what?! are you insane Zack?!"

"just do it!" he pulled out his big sword and started to fight. i got out my Kotetsu sword and started help Zack. i took out Cloud's sword, laid him agained the rocks, and put his sword in front of him so he wouldn't get hurt.

"Cloud stay here until were done ok?"

"......." he didn't reply but all i did was ruffle his hair before i left him. i looked back one more time to see him reaching out for me.

i felt bad but me being in SOLDIER takes alot of sacrifice on these kind of missions.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zack and i finally finshes them off. but we were both badly  wounded. i saw him collapse.

"Zack!" i dragged myself to him and see if he was ok. he wasn't the wounds he had were 10x worse than mine.

"d-don't *cough* don't worry......about....me ok? take care of Cloud for me and everyone else.......please? *coughs*"

"...........o-ok i promise."

"oh....and one more.....thing?"

"yeah?" i started to tear up.

"can...you...smile for me...on last time before i go?"

i tried my best and smiled for him like if we were successful with this mission without getting hurt.

he smiled at me.

"th-thank.....you....(y/n)..." those were his last words to me.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

i laid down next to Zack waiting for time to go by. all of a sudden i see Cloud dragging himself towards where i was. he lifted himself up to look at me. he was wounded too.

"i'm sorry i couldn't protect you like i said i would."

i felt him lift me up from my back.

"d-......don't......be......" i couldn't believe what i was hearing....Cloud was speaking to me. i saw him look at Zack and started to cry. i pulled him into a hug.

"it's ok. Zack and i made a promise to eachother."

i wouldn't stop him from crying because Zack and i were close friends when i joined SOLDIER. he was my first friend. and after that was Tifa.

Cloud calmed down. we both tried our best and tried to bury Zack's body. we successfully did and put his sword on top of his grave.

after that Cloud and i helped eachother up, picked up our weapons and dragged ourself back to our city.

later on Cloud and i quit our jobs in SOLDIER and moved on with our lives by helping Tifa with things and went around town doing stuff.

we eventually found Marelene and Denzel and took are of them.