Pebblepaw's choice - Prologue & chapter 1

Prologue:

The cool, night air blew around Spottedpaw's whiskers. Spottedpaw glanced sideways and trotted towards a patch of catmint. She quickly nipped off the stems and picked them up.

Spottedpaw's task was to collect herbs before the cold winter snow came and destroyed them. She sniffed around the abandoned twoleg garden. She then found some more catmint. She nipped those stems off also.

Then there was a shuffling noise from behind her and Eagleheart pushed through the ferns. She dropped some Giant leaf wraps at Spottedpaw's paws. "I thought they would help you carry all that catmint back. And also I can help you carry it back too." She explained flicking her tail towards all the catmint piled up. "Thanks Eagleheart. That would be great!" Answered Spottedpaw.

Together, both cats wrapped the catmint in the leaf wraps each picked up a couple leaf wraps. Then they headed back towards the camp. "You know I think Sageberry is going to give you your full name soon. You're already acting like a true medicine cat." Eagleheart mumbled through the leaf wraps in her jaws, then flicking her tail at Spottedpaw's ear. "Thats because I already am a true medicine cat. I have been waiting all my life as a medicine cat apprentice to get my full name." She replied with a mouth full of leaf wraps. 'You know I am Eagleheart.' She thought to herself in her mind. 'You know I am'  She repeated in her head.

                                                                        Chapter 1:

"And I give you your full name, Spottedfall, As you tripped and fell on the way to the moonpool, many, many times." Meowed Sageberry. "Th- Thank you Sageberry." Replied Spottedfall. And the other medicine cats started cheering their name.

"And now, we all may share dreams with starclan." Meowed Sageberry. Spottedfall touched her nose to the cold, chilly water and drifted off into sleep.

She blinked open her eyes, and found herself by a river with smooth, boulders all around. 'this must be sunning rocks, one of the old territory areas.' she thought to herself.

"Hello Spottedfall." She spun around to see, a old tom facing her. "wh- Who are you?" Asked Spottedfall. "I am Goosefeather. I am Thunderclan's very old medicine cat from many many many many seasons ago." Replied Goosefeather.

"Why have you come to see me?" asked Spottedfall. "Because. At camp right now, one of your cats in Thunderclan are getting sicker by the quarter moon. No one notices it yet so I needed to tell you." Replied Goosefeather.

"Who is it?" Asked Spottedfall. "Dewfoot." Answered Goosefeather.

"And his sickness is deadly! Beware! No herb that the clans have ever known can cure this cat! You and the other medicine cats must journey to find this herb, before its to late! The herb will be located in the mountains. Remember... Look in the mountains.... Mountains.... Mountains......" Meowed Goosefeather.