Our Everlasting Melody (26)

"How can you not like football?"

"Thomas, I'm not going over this with you again."

Thomas rolled his eyes at the flat look I was giving him. I had already told him twice the reason why I didn't like football. I didn't like football because of Sean. He played it all his life, and when he was trying to date me, he continuously asked me to go to his games. I even had to go to some of them because Cassie forced me to. He made the sport completely horrible for me, even when it had nothing to do with him.

And the fact that my ex-boyfriend was now playing the sport did not make me feel any better about it. It made me hate it even more.

"You shouldn't hate a sport just because of a person," he now smirked, as if he enjoyed my past pain. "It's not like you and Sean dated or anything. You were just friends."

He'd never understand what I had to go through with Sean. I didn't think anyone would. Except maybe Blake... but he wasn't exactly someone I was talking to at the moment. Especially about the past.

I was just glad that I could now look at Thomas without wanting to cry. Though they looked alike, he was really nothing like his twin brother at all. They were actually complete opposites. And I was thankful for that. I didn't know what I'd do if I had to deal with someone who looked and acted exactly like Blake.

I had agreed to go shopping with Jane and Thomas. Soon, that turned into going shopping with not only them, but Jaz and Christian as well. It sounded like a fun outing, until I heard what we had to do beforehand.

"I really want to see Blake play," Jane informed me when she saw that I did not want to go see Blake play football. "This is the only time they'll ever have a game during the day. Will you please come with us, Leah? It'll be fun!"

I highly doubted that. I hadn't even liked football in the first place, so this was just another reason to dislike it. It made me really glad that I hadn't made the cheerleading squad, or else I would have had to watch Blake play all the time.

I let out a sigh, giving in to what Jane was asking me to do. Maybe it wouldn't have been so bad. I mean, if he kept his helmet on the whole time, I probably wouldn't even be able to recognize him.

But oh, was I wrong about that. Even with his helmet on, I could tell which one was him, and not just because his last name was printed on the back. I could just tell.

This was such a bad idea. Was it too late for me to go home?

"Hi, guys!" a voice suddenly greeted, and Mona was now taking a seat behind us in the bleachers, twenty minutes after the game had started. "I didn't expect to see you guys here!"

I wouldn't have been there, if it was up to me. I would have liked to be far, far away from the football field at that very moment. But once again, I was doing things that made my friends happy and me absolutely miserable.

"Who are we even playing?" I had to ask, not recognizing the colors of the other jerseys.

"Nowhere really important. Just Crosspointe," Jane answered with a shrug.

"Our old school," Mona informed me now, and I didn't even bother to tell her that I already knew that she, Blake, Thomas, and Jane had come from Crosspointe. She then leaned forward as she said to Jane, "Do you remember Ian Andrews?"

"Of course I remember Ian Andrews." Jane scoffed, as if Mona was stupid.

Mona grinned. "Do you know he moved back?"

Jane gasped. "He did?"

"He did! And he's playing today!" Mona now explained, pointing to a certain guy on the field that I couldn't decipher. "He isn't on the team, but he's standing in for some guy that got hurt last week. Isn't that sweet of him? He's cute and nice. And obviously athletic. He's everything a girl could ever want."