Our Everlasting Melody (20)

When the door to my bedroom slammed open, I was immediately awakened and nearly fell out of my bed.

"Get up, loser, we're going shopping!" Elias called out.

I groaned, rubbing at my eyes. "Why am I not surprised you're fully in depth with Mean Girls quotes?"

Elias flipped his nonexistent hair. "You know, I'm basically a teenage girl."

"That doesn't surprise me."

He now yanked my blankets off of my bed. "Get on up, girly!"

I let out another groan and pushed myself up out of the bed. There was no way I could get out of this because I knew he wasn't going to let me go back to sleep.

"It's Sunday," I whined, slowly making my way out of my room and down the hall to the bathroom. "Why are we going to the mall so early on a Sunday?"

Elias placed his hands on his hips. "Today's my last day in town!" he informed me, and I was surprised. I almost forgot. "I've been spending the whole time with Carrie, but now I want to spend it with the first friend I made here!"

This made me feel a little guilty for whining earlier. I guess it'd be okay if I wasted a couple of hours with him instead of worrying about Mona or Blake.

It had been two weeks since Blake's birthday party, and we were no longer fighting with each other. I just didn't think that it was worth it, since he was hearing voices whenever we fought.

So I but my tongue whenever Mona was around it was brought up. I wasn't going to be the reason he was hearing voices any longer.

I was able to get ready in ten minutes, and then Elias was practically carrying me out the door and into the passenger's seat of his truck.

When we got to the mall, he practically dragged me into every store he thought was interested. That included sport stores, and even a Victoria's Secret. I really thought it was awkward for a guy to go in there, but he wanted to go inside even more than I did.

"Do you think Carrie will like this?" he asked me as he picked up a frilly lace bra from one of the bins.

I made a face. "Can we please not talk about her like that?"

He laughed, throwing the bra back into the bin and making his way out of the store. I let out a sigh of relief and followed after him, looking around for stores that I'd want to go into.

When I finally found a clothing store that I liked, I grabbed onto Elias and dragged him toward it. He immediately started whining.

"What happened to you practically being a teenage girl?" I asked him, a smirk growing on my lips. "It was your idea to go to the mall!"

"Yeah, but..." He pursed his lips.

I rolled my eyes at him and continued on my way into the store, knowing he was going to follow after me even though he didn't want to.

I only took about three steps into the store until I side-stepped and his behind a rack of clothes, pulling Elias beside me.

"What?" he asked, peering over the rack with me. "Why are we hiding?"

I shushed him so the girl I was watching wouldn't hear him. She didn't even glance our way. But I was glad, because this was the last person I wanted to see.

Mona.

But she wasn't alone. She was with a redheaded girl that I hadn't ever seen before, so I assumed that it was someone that went to her old school.