Chapter 16

They say you can't choose your family and for as long as I could remember my family has been my deepest regret. So I decided to make my own. And so 1000 years ago I made a deal with a she devil that I swore revenge against because of her trickery and curse on my blackened soul. I am Cassius the first lycan. I've waited a long time for my revenge and now its finally time.

Flashback: 1000 years ago

"You can't just leave your pack for me my love." She whispers into my neck while I run my fingers through her golden locks cascading over her shoulders on to my bare chest. "If they can't accept you than I will not be their alpha, besides I'm also a man that has the most beautiful woman as my mate." I answered as I pulled her against me firmly as to show my affections my words could not always do with a woman like Agatha. She had a hard past abide her beauty and still did not trust easily so action spoke louder than words in her mind. So I made myself a promise to always show her how much I loved her my mate my other half. She turned in my grasp and kissed me slow but passionately. "I am the lucky one. Just promise me you'll talk to your dad first before making any drastic choices." She asked. Closing my eyes for a moment I opened them to honey brown expecting eyes. "Of course I will." I say as I kissed her again she resisted before giving in. Soon the pleasurable heat was intensifying and I could feel the pull of the mating bond make my wolf come alive. It always amazes me how strong yet nurturing she could become. We were both starting to give into the bond. But suddenly a scream broke through the moment of passion as we both jumped up and ran outside quickly as more chilling screams joined the first.

Once outside it was chaos everywhere as wolfs filtered out of the forest and attacking the village. People were running to safety while some were holding back the wolfs with pitch forks and wooden poles that were hardly intimidating to the wolfs that just snapped their jaws at them. They were mostly human and only a few like my practiced the dark arts. "Agatha they already killed four!" A man I knew as Oscar shouts as he ushered some women and children towards the main building. I knew they could've kill more but this was just a warning for whats to come. We soon sprang into action Agatha using her magic and myself shifting into my fighting form I growl loudly catching the attention of most wolfs. They we only stunt for a few seconds before two advanced and that's when I smelled something familiar, this is my pack. But my father wouldn't have given the order. He was shocked when he found out Agatha was my mate but he came around and promised me the pack will too. Using the pack link I asked angrily. "How dare you attack my mates village, who gave the order?" I growled loudly once again making a few wolfs retreat. I could hear Agatha gather people to safety before reappearing beside me. A loud obnoxious laugh I knew so well was my only answer as wolfs snapped in my direction in aggression. Mason my dad's Beta made his way out between the gap of parting wolfs looking quite proud of himself. If we didn't know any better you'd think he was alpha. I growled low in my throat at the thought my wolf digging his crawls into the earth as he puffed out his fur and muscle making us look even more terrifying. Mason paused his steps a few meters away from me knowing I could still make the jump and end him. But as soon as the thought crossed my mind two wolfs came to stand by his side immediately after stances low and ready to defend any attack. So I mentally blocked out everyone. This was madness I knew the pack was not exactly warming up to the idea about my mate being a witch but attacking the village was a foul move to show it. And Mason was always so loyal to my dad and he never lead an attack without my father which means this was his own doing. I shifted back into my human form so that I could speak without using the link and opening myself up to them. The air shifted slightly as Agatha put up a barrier in case they decided to attack. I squeezed her shoulder for reassurance. "Everything will be fine, my father knows nothing of this." I whispered near her ear. But Mason heard and only smirked at us. Turning to face him using my alpha voice I looked at the wolfs around the tree lines. "My own pack attacking their future alpha's mate and her village is an act of treason. And considering the penalty I would ask you to reconsider your new found alliances as you move forward. I do not see my fathers guard among you so like his oh so loyal beta you are all but second best. And just know this will end badly for you." Agatha made the air shift slightly making leaves ,tweaks and small stones become airborne around us and then drop as to just make a point. Mason's face was a mask of fury for a brief moment before he school his features. "Quite the speech young alpha but you seem to forget that what we lack in skill and experience we certainly make up for in sheer numbers." He laughed quietly. "Please don't allude yourself by thinking you can take us on we all know your wolfs true power has yet to awaken thus making the scales tip in our favour. You see I overheard your father tell the Luna that you had yet to mate the hag. So yes of course you are still stronger than the lesser wolf but enough teeth and claw attacking you at once and you will fall." He laughed louder as the wolfs around him howled at the mention of my fall at their hands. I was surprised my his admission but didn't show it and only gave him a droll stare. "Oh and your witch bitch is not looking to good either keeping us at bay with her magic tricks it's quite tiresome huh?" As to proof his point he jumped forward with his wolfs supernatural speed slamming his fist against the barrier making it shudder and ripple with a purple light that faded like there was nothing once more. But it did not shatter but held firm. "I can keep this up as long as I have to." Agatha replied cockily. But I felt her flinch when he slammed against the barrier and the light sheen of sweat on her forehead and her quick breathing told me the barrier was taking a lot of energy. Curse Mason for deceiving us and turning my pack against me. I had to contact my father somehow, he was the only one that could stop this.

Present Day:

"Say what?"
Kevin folded his arms looking sternly at the teenage girl sitting on the chair across of him. "Jip." She replied popping the P for emphasis. "No offense but for someone looking the way you do I find it hard to believe." The teen shrugged nonchalantly. "None taken but yeah I got that response even before I got stuck in this body." Kevin leaned forward staring intently at the teen. She rolled her eyes at him before leaning forward as well with a bored expression. "You know your doing it again." He shook his at as if dismissing some thoughts. "Sorry can't help it your just an anomaly. Its sometimes hard to fandom what witches are capable of. I mean I never had a 'girl' (He made air quotes) get me like this before." He gestured between them then licked his lips before grinning. "The understatement of the century." She grunted very unladylike while pouting which only made Kevin grin wider. "You Dewald Winter are a very interesting guy. So what els besides a DBZ do you secretly obsess about?" Dewald leaned back in his chair as a sign escaped the female vessel. Kevin only quirked a expected brow. "Lately just my mate." Kevin's face became serious as he took the girl's hands. "Hey you will see him soon OK?" He squeezed Dewald hands for reassurance while they stared into each other eyes. "I hope so Kev." And Dewald could see that Kevin meant it.

Silas had lead the gang to a office building or so it seemed from the outside. The building itself looked almost out of place but somehow blended in with the town. Xavier and Hunter stood side by side as they took in their surroundings Silas only a few steps behind tapping away on his phone. But before he could bump into either Xavier or Hunter he placed it back into his jacket. "On the 7th floor." He pointed up at the building." Xavier put up a hand when Hunter began walking. "Wait I'm certain I've seen this exact building back in Paris when I visited an old friend." Hunter frowned. "Like an exact copy?" Xavier replied without taking his eyes of the building. "Yes the same plans and layout and I'll bet with the same painfully sterile rooms with a compellable receptionist." He said the last part smirking at Silas who nodded in understanding. They entered into a large foyer with only a young woman charging the large marble desk enclosure. "Good Day, welcome to True Blood how may I help you." She spoke in perfect English. Silas immediately stepped forward. "Hello darling, would you be so kind and grand us access to every floor and room in this fine establishment." She inclined her head nodding once. "Certainly." She pushed a few keys on the office PC in front of her. She reached into a drawer and handed them red card. " The lift is that way. Have a nice day gentleman."

The lift ride from the first floor seemed like ages for Hunter but he kept calm and released a sign as the door dinged. "We have company." Silas says lowly and when the doors opened gun fire erupted. I knew it was not going to be that easy this time around. Silas was being blocked from the automated gunfire by two large bodies as he heard the cries of pain and bodies crashing against furniture and walls.

Up in his office Cassius smiled at what he saw on the camera monitors. "Oh Alpha Xavier such a pity that we should meet under such dire circumstances but you are a means to and end that I've planned for centuries." A tall woman dressed in a short black dress that accentuated her slim fit body fitted with a snazzy black leather jacket with high top boots came to stand by his side. "Malena my love, please take care of the original witch, the alpha and his son are mine." She bowed dutifully then vanished on the spot.