Chapter 15

The map on the rounded table burst into flames right after Silas's chant. But instead of the whole thing burning up a small circle remained.

"Looks like the best we are getting is a general location guys. Its to be expected when one is cloaked." Silas signs down at the unburned piece of map. Xavier picked it up from the table his brows knitted into a frown.

"I know the alpha this territory belongs to. His not a easy alpha very protective of his land and people."
He admits.
Cain mostly kept to himself and rarely left his territory. His pack is the second largest and they were very well secured having almost non existing rogue attacks or pack incidents. While peaceful and keeping to themselves most of New Elite were warrior wolfs and were handpicked and sought after by Paw Law. Which makes even more sense that the witches would hide in their territory.

Alpha Cain will not be happy about Xavier snooping around in his territory on such short notice. But he is a reasonable alpha and a could be considered a friend because there are no bad history between them.

Even though they ruled so far apart they have sighed a treaty a many moons ago.

Cain's territory is a whole state apart and stretches right over the human border from North America into Canada. The land itself larger then Xavier's. Most of it was wilderness but it was still a lot of land. Where Xavier had businesses and property as a driving financial force for his pack, Cain preferred natural resources and wildlife. His Hunting grounds very popular even with the humans. "Cain how have you been?" Xavier greeted when Cain picked up almost immediately with a gruff. "Where are you?" But the rough sign on the other end indicated he was expecting someone els. "I'm good Xavier, but what's this about?" He sounded impatient, but Xavier took a deep breath before snapping at the other alpha. He was silent for a beat or two before Cain cut in again. "That serious huh?" His voice serious with a hint of curiosity as he waited for a response. Xavier pinched the bridge of his nose releasing a harsh breath. "Yeah it is, we are investigating a kidnapping of a pack member". Dewald was not only his son's future but like a son to Zavier himself.

"Just giving you a heads up about entering your territory and any vampire deaths that may or may not follow." Xavier left it at that not wanting to reveal anymore than he has to.

Cain noticed the lack of directly asking for permission and the last part coming out as a statement. He knew there was more going on than just a search and rescue but left it at that for now. So shrugged of the alpha's bravado. "Still a hard ass as usual Xavier but I'm not going to waste anymore of your time. Just let me know if you need anything." And with that they ended the call. Soon they were on their way with Silas insisting on accompanying them. The journey to New Elite will be too long on the road. So their next stop will be a private airport strip where a jet will fly them the rest of the way.

"So they are coming?" The figure asked partially hidden in the shadows. "Yes they are the alpha and his son are on their way. "The gentleman in a dark suite relayed smoothly. At that the former stepped from the shadows and into the moonlight flowing into the room. The young men now revealed looked only more sinister with the moon's light casting his features in grey contrast like you would see in an old comic book scene. His lips pulled into a grin. "Well I suppose I should be happy that my love has come for me."

Meanwhile in a room that can only be described as a dungeon a low moan of pain could faintly be heard. Chained and locked behind bars imbued with dark magic the person finally opened their eyes. The young woman shot to her feet only to cry out in pain at the sudden action taken by her tortured body. Eyes widened with confusion as they took in what they could see in the dim light. Hands that were bound with just enough give for simple tasks felt and touched and stopped suddenly. "What the hell happened...? How can this be?" The raspy voice asked into the darkness but there no reply.