Chapter four

Making his way outside Hunter received a text. Scanning the message he quickly dailed the number. After the second ring the person picked up the phone but they didn't speak first waiting for Hunter to report instead. "Status is still unchanged Sir but her presence was confirmed. No sighting yet sir ." There was silence for a moment on the other end before a deep calm voice replied. "I see, just keep an eye on her. And keep in touch if anything comes up." The line went dead.

Dalia wanted to tell him something away from prying eyes and supernatural ears. He hoped she trusted him enough to disclose something useful information. Hunter pocketed his phone then took of into the trees following Dalia's scent.

The dark haze that Dalia was in was slowly dissipating. Her body still felt heavy and numb her mind clouded. After a few minutes her eyes opened. She sat up slowly. The numbness and haze was gone completely after a few moments more. She felt different she had a new sense of awareness that was hard to phantom. Instead of the sounds of the forests and murmuring of many voices in her head there was silence. It was actually very calming.

She could only hear faint sounds that were hardly intrusive. A twick snapped to her left alerting her of a presence. The figure approached cloaked in black making her back up involuntary. "Calm down child it is friend not foe." A familiar feminine voice soothed. She should have noticed her way before she could have gotten this close Dalia thought. Just when she was beginning to panick the person spoke up again.
"Your wolf senses have ceased to function at the moment as to be expected darling." Dalia stood up slowly taking in the 'stranger' she had removed the hood of the cloak revealing milky skin that appeared almost white in the moonlight that filtered through the trees. Her fiery hair was loose tumbling in classic waves. Cherry shade lips smiled at her. "Yes dear let me see you come into the light." She mused. When Dalia was with in arms length she stopped. They looked at each other only now noticing they looked alike. "Dubble ganger." Dalia whispers. "That we are the other version of herself replied smugly stepping closer. "You look just like me..." Dalia voiced louder. "Actually it is you that looks like me darling." But enough of the introduction's dear. We should get started time is running out. Dont fear this will be over quickly."

Before Dalia could reply she was yanked forward by an invisible force and placed on her knees infront of her lookalike. "This was not..." She tried speaking. "Part of the plan?" Her twin mused. "Oh the plan has changed but I thank you for your sacrifice. And your gracious offer too inhabit your body." Dalia tried to speak but her throat was constricted somehow making it impossible to do so.

Hunter was sure he had passed this treeline three times already. Something was wrong its like his been running in circles. He tried to mind Link Dalia but there was nothing. The hairs on the back of his head prickled. Someone was here. "Show yourself." He spoke up letting his claws grow crouching slightly. There was silence before there was a rustling then something shot out from the tree's to his right. He was ready though and rolled out of the way quickly jumping to his feet facing the threat. Ten feet away stood a young man who looked quite normal if you ignored the sickly pale skin and black eyes. Vampire. Just great.

Hunter had never fought one but he knew they existed mostly in the cities though so what was one doing in their territory. Cocking his head he stated calmly. "You are trespassing." Hunter tried to mind link his dad but the same thing happened making him curse internally. He knew he could take the vamp his alpha blood giving him an edge against the young vampire. He was probably a newly turned one. His attacks are blind and erratic. But not being able to contact anyone from the pack didn't sit well with him. The vamp hadn't replied only curling his lip and flashing his fangs. He launched himself at Hunter again but this time he didn't dodge the attack of the vamp. When he was about to go for his neck Hunter flipped him over slamming him to the ground pinning him to the ground knocking the air right out of him.

The vamp was squirming under him trying to get him of but he was helpless and overpowered. "What are you doing on our land blood sucker? Talk or I'll end you like a rogue." The vamp only hissed at him in reply. Hunter was having trouble keeping his wolf at bay the vamp hissing at him not helping. Knowing getting answers right now would be pointless he quickly snapped the young vamps neck. The straggling ceased immediately. Standing up he checked his phone. No service. Great Just then he heard the pounding of paws. Familiar scents reached him. Soon after his pack link suddenly opened. Voices rushing into his head his father's voice the loudest and most commanding and his mates voice not far behind. He could even feel his concern through the link. So he just broadcasted his well being to everyone at once but sending his father sight links of the fight with the vampire. Four patrol wolf entered the clearing. One of them shifted approaching Hunter bowing his head when he reached him "Alpha we sensed something was wrong so we followed your scent." He was a year younger then Hunter, strawberry blonde hair with honey brown eyes that was edged in worry. "Chase" Hunter nodded a little surprised then motioned to the ground. "Could you take him to the holding cells now before he wakes up." Seeing the confusion on the Gammas faces he clarified. "His a vampire." They quickly grabbed the unconscious vamp. "Should we scope out the trails again?" Chase asked looking around them. The other Gammas already had the vamp disappearing into tree's. Hunter peering into the trees around them shakes his head. "No all of you go my dad already sent Enforcers for that. Chase was about to go after the other but Hunter called his name stopping him in mid run as he wanted to jumo and shift. "Yes Al..." Hunter held up his hand. "Not alpha yet and its Hunter for my friends. And good job tonight patrolling the area." Learned from the best Chase grins. Hunter returned it. "Please you know you catched on quickly its in your blood man. Chase blushes looking away."Still." Hunter walked up to his trim lean form. And clap's him on the shoulder. "Pride of the pack." He ruffles his hair making Chase push his hand away laughing. "Good to have you back, are you sure about staying out here alone? I mean why are you even out here without Dewald?" Chase ask wiggling his eyebrows suggestively. Hunter frowns before shaking his head. "Dalia, we were supposed to meet." Chase seemed surprised then smiled awkwardly. "We'll did you find her?" Hunter shakes his head. "No Im going to check somewhere first before my dad sent the tracker's. "I'll come with you, two noses are better than one." They both shifted then Hunter leading the way.

He couldn't wait anymore even if his father told him to wait for backup. His dad's commands seem to have less and less of an effect on his each day. Dalia was still out there. Even if they were not really mates and this whole thing was just a lie he still had to keep her safe she was still pack. If she's working with the enemy. She will pay for her treason in due time. Why was she even out so far? Then a thought hit him. There was a clearing near the inner borders where he caught her once sneaking to when she buried that book yeah thats it. He pushed himself faster Chase picking up speed as well.

They crashed through the trees into the clearing. Dalia was laying beside a fallen tree trunk. Hunter approached her cautiously. He nudged her with his snout while keeping his guard up. Dalia moaned before opening her eyes to Hunter's bare chest and worried face. "Is she ok?" Chase asks over his shoulder. "Think so dont smell any blood." Hunter pulls her up carefully looking down as her for any evidence of foulplay but all you he saw was dried leaf's on her dress and hair from laying on the forest floor. " I tried contacting you through the link the whole time Dalia I thought something happened to you." Hunter tried to keep his tone from sounding accusing. Chase gave him a strange look. Hunter raised a eyebrow but he just shrugged looking away into the tree line. "What.. Oh sorry I was just waiting for you then...I guess I fell asleep." She whispered guiltily. He give a sign that pobably sounded like relief to Dalia. Looking down at her he smiled reassuringly."Hey its ok I found you, dad and the others are on their way." They stood Dalia picking up her bag. Then he smelled it Hunter took a few steps behind a bush and picked up something. A piece of shredded clothing. "What is it ?" Dalia asked walking closer." Rague." Chase states. Hunter narrowed his eyes as he gripped the material in his fist. "We better head back." Hunter finally spoke up. Chase and Dalia nodded. The guys shifted, Hunter letting Dalia ride on his back.

They soon approached a large group of wolfs and in front of them stood the alpha and his beta at his side. Dewald was standing at his dads side looking rather calm but Hunter could see the storm in his eyes. Just great! Im so gonna get it! He thought as he was tempted about throwing Dalia of his back his wolf liking the idea very much!