Chapter Three

Dalia was still up in her room. She looked perfect if you ignored the deep frown on her face. She stares at her phone with contempt. Why hasn't she called yet?.. She wondered. When she was about to walk out the device came alive screen flashing showing an incoming call. "It's about time you know." Dalia cut in without so much as a hello. "Darling your manners are unbecoming." The female voice warns sternly. "Now I don't want to end this call without a decent conversion but to prove my point I will."

Dalia takes a deep breath before a nasty remark leaves her lips. "Hi Aunt Agatha I'm sorry I'm just so nervous you know." She states lowly hoping she sounded sorry enough because she needed the old hag no need to start rocking the boat when they were still at sea.
"Okay dear look I finally found that spell you were looking for now. I know I said I'll help you do the spell but we can't. So you're on your own but relax, this one's pretty simple even you could do it." Aunt Agatha gives a chuckle on the other end. Dalia just rolled her eyes at the jab at her poor craft. One can only practise so much in secrecy. Running over most material's while in wolf form was not helping. A sacrifice she had to make when she entered this pack.

The wolf side of her is sometimes a curse but it's an element that will be quite useful in the grand scheme of things. "Thank you when can I get it? ...I'll need it soon." Tonight would've been perfect. She thought. There's suddenly a pecking sound outside of her window that draws her attention. The curtains reveal a black crow on the windowsill outside. "My familiar should be outside your window." Aunt Agatha drawls. "Yes I see." Dalia is surprised by the creature's presence.

She opened the window while the crow hopped into the room turning its back to present the pocket strapped around its body. Dalia retrieved the piece of fold up paper from the creature.

"Oh thank you Aunt..."
"Anything for my favourite niece , goodbye for now dear and remember to burn it afterwards." Her aunt hangs up not waiting for a reply. Dalia released a breath. Finally she has time to put her plan into action. Dalia scans the piece of old paper then quickly puts it in her jewellery box for later now she has a party to get too.

The halls were completely empty but music could be heard from downstairs and if she turned into her wolf senses lots of talking and dancing. Hunter's scent was also fresh; she must have just missed him.

Walking into the main room there werewolves everywhere. Some pack members, some visitors but all the social elites of the packs. A girl with brown curly hair almost spilled drinks on her dress but luckily her alert reflexes helped her save her dress. "Watch it Emily." Dalia recognized the she-wolf and also one of the lower class wolves of the pack in her opinion. Man if her father was not one of the pack enforcers the girl would be a total social reject. Being friends with Hunter also helped. But that didn't make Dalia dislike her any less. "Sorry its my fault." She says quickly scanning the dress worriedly. "I'll go get you a drink, sparkling right?" Too damn nice for her own good. Dalia's smile is forced. "No harm done." She quips, hiding her displeasure.

Strong arms wrapped around her waist turning she looked up into dark mysterious eyes. "You didn't wait for me." She pouts while running her hand up and down his arms feeling hard muscle. "No but after seeing you coming down those stairs like a dream its worth it." Hunter says looking at something over her shoulder but looks down at her again. Dalia laughs softly. "I have a surprise for you." He continues before she cuts in with a pressing issue. Pushing herself flush up against him she asked lowly. "So do I meet you in the woods after the talk with your father and the alpha's."He nodded at her smiling with what looked like amusement. Hunter pulls her with him towards his fathers table. Alpha Xavier stood up as they approached.

"There he is, everyone my son." His eyes settled on Dalia. He smiles when he notices Hunter's arm around her waist. There's a glint in his eyes when he cocks his head at her curiously. "Dalia I barely recognized you." Xavier turned to the other Alphas and their Luna's. "One of our most promising females, very smart and beautiful as you can see.
" Dalia smiled at the alpha for his compliments. "May I borrow my son for a moment?" Alpha Xavier asked her. He was only being polite though she nodded anyway knowing the underlying command. "Of course Alpha." Was her soft reply.