Chapter Seven

The night was cool the sky full of diamond lights scattered in clusters. A beautiful night if there were not so many dangers hidden in its shadows.

Four sleek black SUV's pulled up to a warehouse in downtown Odessa. Unlike the rest of the buildings in the area this one was modernly modified. The blue neon sign of 'The Cove' stood out against the dark shadows of steel and concrete. Twelve men emerged from the vehicles but two remained outside while the others all went in. A flashing red eye on one of the outside walls watching their every move. Sitting in his armchair the owner gave a slight chuckle. Alpha Xavier always cautious.

The dark figure gave a chuckle. Taking a long drag of his cigar he puffed up a o shaped smoke releasing the rest through it. Killing it in the palm of his hand he vaguely remembered the burn that was now only a flee bite to him. Standing up he pressed a device that looked like a earpiece or special hearing aid,  speaking up he spoke to one of his men. "Bring down Alexis, the alpha is here."

In the private entertainment room the atmosphere was tense. Alpha Xavier stood facing the large window showing the lights of the docks in the distance. He knew the exact moment the vampire arrived. The hairs on the back of  his head tingled. Was always that sixth sense that gave away the creatures presence. The strong instinct to always be on guard around such a creature making him go stiff. A feeling shared by all the shifters in the room that turned to face the Original vampire.

Dimitri is one the oldest original vampires one of the most powerful in the world next to his siblings that tolerated each other because of their sire lines not to mention the peace treaty amongst all supernaturals. Thou his siblings frowned upon his business with wolfs their view from ancient times on them as beast of destruction still in their narrow and sometimes plain ignored minds. Still seeing vampires as the most supreme being and all others as lesser man be it witches or shifters the latter strongly disliked by the former and higher up vampires that are building communities, business and staking claims on lands and properties.

Some of whom that do not sit well with long existing packs. The Nine Covens of the world has also intervened but only if the treat is close to home. So as to not really being allies to anyone but standing neutral. At least as the Alliance sees it.

"Dimitri I would be lying if I said I'm glad to see you." The alpha admitted his eyes still outside.
He did not take offence at the alphas words because of the history between them and perceived it as their usual banter of not liking each other very much. Dimitri's lip curled at the last time they saw each other. Pouring himself a drink then proceeding to come stand beside the alpha much to the dislike warning growls of the shifters surrounding their alpha.

Dimitri smiled at the lack of pleasantries between them."I was surprised though." He admitted sounding amused but he could feel the tention building and was contemplating on how to brake the ice per say. Dimitri gave him a once over then asked the obvious. "What happened Mighty Beast what brings the big bad wolf to this city of mine?" Xavier faced him looking him right in the eyes to read his reaction.

The sudden locked gaze had him stunned even if his face betrayed nothing but stoic calmness. Those eyes seemed to pierce into his cursed soul. But then he spoke letting whatever thoughts that were to follow disappear as urgency and worry in those amber pools let him realize the true dept of the situation.

"The withes are back." Dimitri's face stayed blank as he nodded slowly. "Think I need another drink how about you?" He asked gesturing to the mini bar that actually put a normal one to shame with its chrome finishings not to mention the various expensive drinks that was on display. Not being able to get drunk easily didn't mean they couldn't enjoy a good whiskey or port. Xavier inclined following the vampire to the bar taking a seat. The other shifters also taking their seats around the room but not too far away from their alpha. "Just so we're clear your talking about the coven your pack killed 100 years ago?" The vamp inquired looking pensive. Xavier poured his drink down in one gulp before answering. "The one and only." Dimitri gave a frustrated sign.  "How is that even possible?" "There is something els." The Beta came over with pictures. "These markings were found on some of the trees on my territory." Dimitri scanned through them picking up one he pointed at a marking. "Some type of barrier spell." He muttered but they heard him. "Didn't you say there were no survivors?" Xavier gave him a sharp glare. "You were the clean up cru, I'm asking you?" Finishing his glass Dimitri shook his head.. "There were no reports of there being any we just took care of the bodies" They locked gazes in the mirror feature.