Chapter 1 (A week later)

Ring! Ring!
I rubbed my eyes and threw the bed covers off my legs. My phone wouldn't stop ringing, and it was really starting to tick me off. When I saw the screen, I quickly answered the call.

"Katie, we're gonna be late. You don't know how long I've been waiting for you. I might have to go with dad, and you know how much he annoys me in the morning!"

I rolled my eyes and grimaced at the shriek of my best friend, Sammie. I totally forgot that I was supposed to pick her up, and the burden of that just made my morning even worse.

"Okay, look, I'll be there in a few. Let me just change first," I said, hanging up on her. I quickly made my bed as neat as you could make it in a rush, and then I pushed open the doors to my closet. 

"There has to be something decent in here," I whispered, getting aggravated. Finally I saw the skinny jeans and purple blouse I wanted. Pulling them on, I reached for my backpack. All of a sudden, my things fell out.

"Shoot!" I muttered a string of curses and tried to gather everything in my arms. I was almost done when a certain football toppled to the ground. Chris Parker's football.

I shook my head and stuffed in my backpack, along with test papers and folders. I never gave it back to him, because spring break had just begun the day I found his beloved football. Today I planned on it. 

"Katie! You're gonna be late! Hurry up!" My mom yelled from downstairs. I sighed and ran down the wooden steps until I reached the kitchen, where I grabbed a frozen waffle. 

"Please don't tell me you are going to eat a frozen waffle," my dad said. I smiled and stuffed it in my mouth. Then I grabbed my car keys, rushed a goodbye, and ran outside.

Thanks for reading, guys! I'll post a new chapter every Tuesday and Friday. Please like or post a comment...