Unexpected...

Unexpected....

Ana Pov

"Oh my god" I said staring at the back of his neck

"What?! What is it? Do I have the mark?" Simon asked panicky.

"Oh my god Sy! You really need to shave the back of your neck. It's gross" I said getting off his back slowly. Simon hurriedly got to his feet.

"What?! Ana! I don't care about my hairy neck! Do I have the mark?!" Simon’s fearful expression almost had me laughing. It's hard to believe this is the thing that’s freaking him out; not having to give his best friend blood to revive her or anything.

“Simon, you can relax. You don’t have my mark” I told him with a small smile. He let out a huge sigh of relief that had me feeling a little offended.

“Gee thanks for the confidence booster there Sy” I said with a mock pout. Simon only chuckled and swung and arm over my shoulder.

“No offense Ana, trust me your great! But we’re friends and that’s how its meant to be” he offered. I playfully pushed him and laughed.

He was right. What was I thinking! Of course he isn’t my mate! It’s Simon! My nerdy, cool, fun loving best friend. And I wouldn’t want it any other way.

  I was about to talk to him about his Marie situation when I noticed the others walking back from the forest. They all looked a little out of it; except Lily. She was gesturing animatedly with her hands while trying to keep up with Seb’s fast pace. Seb on the other was ignoring her. I tuned my ears in to pick up what they were saying but Lily wasn’t making sense to me. She kept saying Seb was cool and wanted to know how he did whatever he did in the forest. I stopped eavesdropping as they drew closer. I figured one way or another I would find out what happened; probably from Lily.

“ANA!” She screamed and engulfed me in a bear hug. If I was human she would have taken me down.

“Oh my gosh! I have so much to tell you! First-” She began too excitedly, until Seb cut her off. 

“You’re awake?” He questioned looking between Simon and me.

“Oh uh yea Sy helped me out” I replied sheepishly. What embarrassed me? That I’m not too sure of but it’s a cross between drinking from Simon and not drinking from Seb.

“Hey! I was telling a story!" Lily jumped in placing her hands on her hip and glaring atSeb.

“Continue Lily. What happened?” I said to her calmly. Her expression turned into excitement as she launched back into her tale.

“WE WERE ATTACKED!” She yelled gesturing wildly.  Both Simon and I looked at her confused. The others didn’t seem to share her enthusiasm about the situation.

“Seriously?” Simon asked disbelieving. I understood exactly why he was questioning her.

“YES! We were attacked by the biggest fiercest creatures of all time! I mean they were so huge I nearly pissed myself!” She exclaimed

“What attacked you?” I had to ask. Lily opened her mouth wide to respond, animatedly I’m sure

“Wolves.” Marie answered beating her to the punch. Lily huffed annoyed her big moment was spoiled. Wait, did she say wolves?

“No way!” Simon said just as stunned as I was. I can’t believe they were attacked by wolves. “So how did you guys get away?” Simon asked

“That’s all thanks to Seb. He came in like some crazy wolf whisperer and had all those wolves scared like puppies!” Lily explained laughing “While Jace just stood frozen like a wuss!”