Ana vs. Kim...Round 1

Maximus Pov

The iron clad doors opened loudly revealing the sentencing room. It was set up much like a court house in the human world. A judging table was up front with benches surrounding for the witnesses. Elite guards covered in chain-mail ushered Maximus forward.

He was starting to think coming back here was a mistake. As he entered the room he saw a man he hoped to never see again.

"Lord Henry" Maximus said with a stiff bow. Lord Henry was the king’s right hand man. It was a position that Maximus himself used to have, until Marcos destroyed them all.

"Maximus, you’re a fool to have come here. You do realize showing up at the palace after banishment is punishable by death" Lord Henry said with a devious smile.

Henry was the sly type of man to do anything to get to the top. He was all too thrilled to jump into Maximus position after Marcos was caught. Lord Henry was the one to convince the king that Maximus should be punished for the crimes of his brother.

And now Maximus was back after all these years to take what was rightfully his.

"I have come here today to report treason to my king" Maximus stated. Henry ran his fingers along his short beard as he studied him.

"Treason? You have no duty to the king" lord Henry replied. Maximus tried to keep his face neutral but all he wanted to do was rip Henry's throat out.

"I may not be in the elite guard anymore but I still feel a duty to protect my king" Maximus bit out.

Lord Henry just laughed, as if this was all some grand joke. When he stopped he approached Maximus with slow purposeful strides until they were face to face.

"You know old friend I will enjoy watching you die tonight" Henry said smiling.

This time Maximus didn't hide the snarl on his face. With lightning fast speed Maximus spun around, punched the guard closest to him and swiped his sword. Before the other guards could react he jumped in the air flipping over Henry and landing behind him. Henry tried to turn around but he was too slow, Maximus already had the sword pressed against his bobbing Adams apple.

"Don't move! Or this platinum dipped blade will be the last thing you feel before it rips through your throat" Maximus said voice filled with venom. Henry held is hands up in surrender and motioned the guards to stay back.

"You won't get away with this!" Lord Henry shouted while struggling to break Maximus hold. Too bad Maximus was always stronger than he.

"Call the king here now!" Maximus ordered.

He however didn't need to make the command because seconds later the doors burst opened. More elite guards entered first before the entrance of the vampire ruler.

King Ferox glided into the room with grace. Unlike the old fashioned styled palace, the king looked completely modern in his dark blue suit and tie. His deep red eyes penetrated Maximus but he held his ground. If he showed weakness now the king would kill him before he had a chance to explain himself.

King Ferox stopped a few feet away from him and surveyed the scene.

"Maximus. It's been a long time" King Ferox stated

"My king" Maximus replied with a quick bow of his head. He refused to drop to one knee and bow because then be would lose his hold on Henry.

"It's seems you’re in a bit of a situation right now. So please explain why you have broken the laws, storm the kingdom and taken one of my men hostage" the king asked in a controlled voice. Not even a dark hair was out of place on the kings head. He was always in control