Hello, My Name Is Analise Walker...

Ana Pov

"This should help" Helia said handing me a steaming cup of what I presumed was tea. I took the large coffee cup and inhaled the steam. It smelled of honey. Taking a sip confirmed the liquid to be as sweet as it smelled.

Jace walked into the kitchen carrying a fleece blanket. He gently wrapped the soft material around my shoulders. I smiled gratefully at him. Jace returned the smile and then frowned at Seb’s hand on the small of my back before taking a seat in the chair on the opposite side of me.

 I have been back from the vortex for about twenty minutes and in that time Seb hasn't once left my side. What's up with him? Maybe he was worried about me not making it out. Not that I blame him since I was worried too.

"So how'd you get out?" Jace asked curiously.

"Well" I started but stopped, thinking to the moment I dived off the cliff. It was the scariest thing I'd done but I knew I had to. I lifted my head up to see Helia. She was standing at the stove stirring something in a big pot with her back to me. Her final words drifted through my mind before she left me in the vortex.

"I followed my instincts" I finally admitted "And they lead me to the edge of a cliff. I dove off into the freezing water. For a moment when I was under I felt like I'd made a mistake. But then I saw a shimmering light further down. The next thing I knew Seb was pulling me out of a bathtub." I ended taking another sip of the hot tea.

Helia came back to the table and sat across from us just like when we first arrived here. Seeing her there brought a lot of questions to my mind.

"So Celeste was the creator of vampires" I stated to get my thoughts organized

"Yes. The first immortal" Helia responded

"Okay. And one thousand years ago a war started on Nexus because this Erebus guy wanted all the power. Celeste sacrificed herself to imprison him right?" I asked

Helia nodded.

"Does that mean she's dead?" I questioned even though I was sure of the answer

"Mostly likely" Helia replied. I couldn't hide the disappointment on my face. A part of me held hope she was strong enough to survive even without her crystal heart. This brings me to my next question

"What happened to her baby? The daughter she gave her powers to?" Helia looked at me with something in her eyes I couldn't decipher before responding

"My grandmother and I took her though the portal. When we arrived on earth my grandmother used a similar spell to the one used on Erebus. Except this one put the baby in a timeless slumber. The child was engulfed in an unbreakable cocoon and laid deep in the earth’s core until the rising spell was performed" Helia explained looking intently at me. I glanced at Jace and Seb who both looked equally confused by the story.

 For some reason I wasn't.

"Where is she now?" My voice quivered a little but I brushed it off as after effects from my journey. Helia smiled a slow full smile that had me nervous for her reply. She then took the finger of her right hand and drew small circles on the palm of her left. When she was done she held the palm up us.

"You tell me" Helia said

The center of her hand had transformed into a mirror.  The image that it reflected was me. I was so startled I jumped out of my chair sending it crashing to the floor.