Helia~ The Great Witch~ Part 2

A/N: italics represent events of the past and people in the past talking

 Ana Pov

The skin on my body felt like it was being pressed with the weight of the world onto my bones. It was as if I was being suctioned through a straw. I tried to open my eyes but all around there was nothing but flashing colors. They zipped around me brightly as my body continued to tumble into an abyss. 

Time seemed to slow down along with my flailing limbs. Until I landed hard face down on a cold floor. The impact hurt like a bitch but I couldn’t move my body at all. What I could do was hear sounds, all around me; the shuffling of feet, murmuring voices and a loudly creaking door either opening or closing. Damn it, all I want right now is to open my eyes. Something tells me this place isn’t Helia’s kitchen.

“Just relax little time traveler. The pain will subside gradually” a woman’s soft but firm voice glided down my ears. It wasn’t a voice I’d ever heard but one I could listen to all day.

Who said that?

Maybe if I could at least get my eyes to open that simply question could be answered. Taking her advice I relaxed my stiff, sore body. Focusing hard I was able to finally pry my eyes open. The blinding white in the room was a little too much to bear so I closed them instantly. A few minutes later I slowly opened them again more prepared this time.

The room that came into view I recognized as the one from the picture I fell in. It was even more beautiful in person. Everything was white with gold accents. If I lifted my head I was sure a gold chandelier would be there. A few feet in front of me the spectacular looking woman sat unmoving on her gold throne.

My eyes danced all over her, taking in her mirror image features. She looks more like me than I care to admit. With the exception of a few details and her obvious beauty, she could be my older sister or something.

Her eyes locked with mine and she smiled a small smile at me. Who is this woman?

The sound of heavy doors opening behind me drew her attention away. If only I could turn my head to see who entered. Instead I laid there waiting for them to pass. First to march by me was a woman with long white hair. She had it in a single braid sweeping down her back. The long black dress swooshed as she moved.

Trailing behind her was a little girl carrying a wooden doll. The girl’s brown hair was in a similar braid and her little burgundy dress looked too big for her. She didn’t pass me like the woman but stopped and looked at me curiously

“Grandmother, who is this?” She asked. The woman stopped short of the throne and turned back to the girl

“Who dear?” She said looking confused at the child. The little girl frowned

“The girl laying right her” She replied point a small finger at me. The woman placed her hands on her hips in a disapproving fashion

“Helia stop telling stories. There is no one there. No come on” The woman’s voice left no room for arguing. The little girl stomped her small foot but obeyed.

She took two steps away before turning and looking me right in the eye. “I see you” she whispered. Well I see you too kid, I wanted to say but couldn’t. Geez was I sucked in here to just lie around.