Hype...

Hype...

Tap tap tap

A soft knock on the door broke the trance like state they were in. Seb immediately jumped off the bed backing away from her.

*Ana Pov*

I watched him jump from the bed as soon as he heard the knock. I couldn't help but feel disappointed he was so eager to be away from me. The new need I just felt vanished when he left my side.

He opened the door; a small woman walked in with some clothes in her hands. She was really skinny and dirty looking but I could still see the beautiful girl underneath. She nodded at Seb before hesitantly walking over to me.

"I-I brought you some clean clothes and towels" she said in a mousey voice. Poor girl looks so afraid and weak. She couldn't be any more than twenty.

"Thank you" I said with a bright smile. She looked at me stunned before turning to Seb who I might add refuses to look anywhere near me. What a jerk. Seconds ago he wanted me and now he's avoiding eye contact. Well screw him! Maybe it was some weird side effect of the blood. Yes that's it! It was just the blood that made us want each other. Well I can forget that moment too since he has.

The girl was still standing there unsure of herself so I stood up and held out my hand.

"My name is Ana. What's yours?" Her jaw dropped to the floor. Literally she looked shocked beyond words. I mean does no one around here have manners. The way she's looking you would think I grew a second head. Still I hold my hand out and smile encouraging. Timidly she takes it

"I'm M-Marie" she whispered. Something about her drew me in and I yanked her to me engulfing her in a hug. She let out a little yelp but continued to let me hold

"You look like you need a friend Marie and so do I" I told her once I let go.

She studied me for a moment debating if she should trust me. I poured all my sincerity into my eyes hoping she could see the truth in them. I just have a feeling this girl needs me and I need her. Man this vampire stuff is making me weird.

Marie's face changed dramatically when she gave me a full blown smile. She shocked me even more when she grabbed me into a bear hug. I laughed at her eagerness happy to have made somewhat of a friend.

"I've never had a friend before. What do we do?" Marie asked with a much stronger voice. I wasn't really expecting that question but that spark in her would dim if I disappoint her.

"Uh well since I'm a prisoner we could uh have a slumber party in here I guess" I said looking around the room noticing for the first time there isn't a TV. What the hell. I mean who doesn't have a TV.
Marie however doesn't notice as she bounces up and down with excitement transforming her from the timid girl I just met five minutes ago.

"What is a slumber party?" she asked. My head whips back to her happy face and I study her for a moment. She can't be serious. Every girl knows about slumber parties. Even I do but I was just never invited to any when my sister made me public enemy number one. I study her clueless expression for another moment before concluding she really doesn't know what I'm talking about.

"Let's just get a bunch of junk food, pig out and talk" I tell her trying to keep it simple. She nods eagerly before dashing out the room.

Seb's gaze follows her out the door before he slowly turns it to me. When I look into his eyes I can't help but flinch back a little. There in the depths is disgust and possibly hatred. Does he feel that way about me? We just met what could I have done this soon. I think about our encounters today when a realization hits me