Fact or Fiction...

Fact or Fiction...

Ana Pov

"Ana you’re not my daughter..."

The words just kept repeating in my head over and over again

"Ana you’re not my daughter..."

It was like when you scratch a cd and one line keeps jumping back repeating itself.

Repeating itself... Repeating itself....

My mind was spinning out of control. It was as if the ground from underneath my feet had been ripped away.

I was falling...

Words refused to leave my mouth. I had questions for this strange woman that pretended to be my mother but I couldn't say them. I gazed up at Lucy Walker taking in all her features that didn't resemble mine in one way. It was like I was looking at her yet seeing right through her.

"Ana?" She whispered in a soft voice. For some reason that bothered me. This woman lied to me my whole life and she what feels bad now? I jumped up from the bed and peered down at her.

"Tell me everything" I snapped.

Tears fell from her face. I could tell she was genuinely upset. She should be. How could she do this to me? Is this why Kim was able to get away with giving me shit all these years?! That's a question I wasn't ready to hear the answer to.

"Oh Annie, honey I'm so sorry but I love you so much" Lucy blabbered on wiping her tears. I hated to see her this way. However my still stunned mental state wouldn't allow me to console her

"I guess I'll start from the beginning... Twenty years ago before I was married I worked at a library in small town named chance harbor." She said sniffing.

Chance Harbor? I thought. The place Verna sent me where I died. There has to be another connection here. My mother continued

"One day an older woman came in asking to see our archives. She was a fair skinned woman with white hair. She reminded me of a sweet old grandmother. I didn't think much of it and simply showed her the old records. The woman began asking me for anything related to the earth and moon. Still I didn't think much of it and gave her all the information on it we had. Every day for a month this woman came in sat in the same seat and read. Then she stopped coming." My mother said eyes staring off in the distance.

Her story was pissing me off mainly because I don't see how any of it was relevant to me

"Mo- I mean Lucy what's this have to do with me?" I questioned. A look of hurt flashed her face when I called her by her name. She failed miserably trying to cover it up.

"I'm getting there honey." She said before taking a deep breath and continuing.

"Time passed as always and I met Frank got married and pregnant with Kim all in the following year. My pregnancy was unbearable. After I had Kim the doctor said I wouldn't be able to carry another child. Frank was angry. He wanted a son. I was afraid he would leave me if I didn't give him another child. So I pretended to be pregnant. It was a horrible thing to do but I was desperate. Losing my husband was too great a fear for me. For months I padded my stomach and refused to let anyone touch me. Frank was happy he thought he was getting a son.