Pure

Prologue

Analise POV-New Year's Eve (11.57pm)

I remember the day I died like it was yesterday. Strange knowing that was two long years ago. How weird is it to know you have a date of death to reminiscence about. Most people remember birthdays, anniversaries and even holidays with loved ones. Too bad I'm not most people.

Two years ago was the ending of my human life but only the beginning of my immortal one...

A strong wind blows my flowing dark hair as I step on the edge of the roof of the twenty story building. Glancing down I wait for fear to coil inside me but I'm greeted with nothingness. For last two years as Marcos prisoner that's the main feeling I'm accustomed to... Emptiness...

"Don't move!" shouted a deep masculine voice.

Turning gracefully on my heel yet still staying on the edge I glared at the bulking man pointing a gun at me along with fifteen other of Marcos guards pouring onto the rooftop. Guess the jig is up and they are well aware of my attempted escape.

I take a deep breath still in an eye lock with the guard shouting orders at me commanding me to come back.

Back? To what exactly; remaining as Marcos prisoner? No! There is no way I can turn back now especially with the way Marcos has been acting even more strangely lately. I'm sure he has something planned for me and I don't want stick around to find out what.

Slowly releasing the breath I just took my feet move on their own accord off the edge of the building. A second before I tumble backwards I send the guards a wink. Catch me if you can boys

My body plunges back first toward the quickly approaching ground. I hear rounds of gunfire as I fall but all I can think about is the freeing feeling falling is granting me. The wind rushing around me is something I enjoy. The cool air surrounding is welcomed.

A couple of feet from the ground I maneuver my body so when I land it's in a ground splitting crouch. After sticking the landing I use the full force of immortality to run through the unfamiliar city dodging cars and people until I reach the forest.

I continue running and running, forcing myself not to cry over all the events that have taken place over the last two years when this mess began. Forever changing me and the world as I know it.

The day a vampire killed me...