26. Fix A Heart

(A/N - This is the second to last chapter and then all that is left is the Epilogue.  I really enjoyed this story and I really appreciate all of the comments and votes, like truly.  Please enjoy this chapter....sorry it's a little short.....)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The weekend went by without incidence.  It was now Monday morning and our alarm was going off, signaling that it was time to get up and get ready for school. 

“Niall, we have to get up.” Harry groggily says and places a kiss on my nose.  I groan and nuzzle my face into the crook of his neck.  “Niall isn’t home.  Check back later” I reply and Harry lets out a chuckle.

“Well if Niall isn’t home, I guess I’ll have to find someone else to kiss good morning” He states and then begins to get out of the bed.  I grab hold of his waist and pull him back down.

“No you don’t” I say and pull his face close to mine.  We hover over each other’s lips for a few moments and then lean in for our morning kiss.

We arrive in the front of the school and get out of Harry’s car.  I am feeling very nervous to be going back but Harry takes my hand and smiles; my apprehension soon washes away.  We walk hand in hand into the school.  We get a few stares and see some people whispering.  Some people ask how I am doing and a couple people claim they heard what Josh did to me.  Harry and I separate at the end of the hall and go to our classes.

By lunch I am exhausted.  I walk into the cafeteria and drag my feet over to join Harry and the boys.  I sit and lean on Harry.  He wraps his arm around my waist and kisses my head.

“Tired, Ni” Zayn asks?  I simply nod in reply.

“It will take some time getting back into the swing of things” Harry says.

“Yeah, I guess.  I just miss Emma.  I usually would have seen her already.  It’s going to take some getting used to not being able to see her until after school.”

“I know.  I miss her too.  But our mums will be visiting her every morning, so she won’t be lonely.”  I smile and look up to Harry and place a simple kiss on his lips. “Love you” I say.  “Love you, too”

The rest of the passed slowly.  Too slowly for my liking.  I just wanted to be with our daughter.  I wanted to hold her again.  I wanted to tell her that her papa and daddy love her very much.  I wanted to kiss her soft cheeks and look into her amazing eyes.

After school, Harry and I spent a wonderful evening with our daughter.  We were able to do what I had been longing for all day.

We woke up Tuesday morning both smiling and very excited.  Today marked two weeks since Emma has been born.  Harry and I decided that we would slip out at lunch time to go and see her.