22. It's Your Decision

(A/N - So I loved, loved, loved all the comments on the last chapter and I am sorry that I left it at the cliffhanger.  I normally don't do cliffhangers, but this one was needed.  Bring a little drama and excitement to it!!!  Anyway, here is chapter 22.  I might post 23 later....but I am not sure.  I might just wait until tomorrow.  Love to all of you beautiful, darlings!!!  xx )

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I see what looks like my boyfriend’s lifeless body on the floor.  Blood is all around his head.  I rush to his side and drop down to my knees and begin shaking and crying.  I can see his chest slowly rising and falling.  I sigh in relief now knowing he is alive.  I see his fingers on his phone and I break down even more.  This is why he was calling me.  Jesus if he isn’t ok, I’ll never forgive myself. 

His face is completely swollen and there is a gash right next to his left eye.  I can tell that is nose is obviously broken.  Some of the blood has dried and he doesn’t appear to be bleeding anymore.

I examine the rest of his body and besides some bruises on his arms and hands, I see nothing else.  I place my hand on his shoulder and lightly shake him.

“Niall…..Niall, baby…please wake up.” I cry.  I lean down and press my lips to his forehead.  “Niall….Niall…please….you can’t leave me baby….please I need you…baby…oh God please” Still no response.  I pull the blood covered phone out from under his left hand and dial emergency services.

The ambulance arrived about ten minutes later and Niall was still unconscious.   The EMT’s made their way into our room and began to examine him.

“Can you tell me what happened?” one of them asked me.

“I…I don’t know.  I found him like this when I got home.  The front door to the house was opened when I arrived.”She nodded in understanding.

They placed a back board flush against his back and carefully rolled him over onto it.  They lifted the board and put it on the stretcher.  They strapped his body down.  The two technicians took notice of his swollen belly.

“There must be internal bleeding.  His stomach is very swollen.  We have to get him to the hospital immediately.” And they hurry down the stairs before I can tell them that he is pregnant.  I hurry behind them and hop into the ambulance and am made to sit in the corner out of the way. 

I am so out of it, so worried that I can’t even think straight.  I look up and see the male technician pressing hard into his stomach where they think blood is building up.

“STOP THAT!!” I yell and swat his hands away.

“We have to examine him.  You have to stay out of our way.” The guy replies, rudely.

“That isn’t blood in his stomach!  It our baby!!  He is pregnant.  Twenty-six and a half weeks along.”

They both look at each other and look back to me. “I need to call his father.  He is a doctor.”